We are looking for “Employee #5” – our first Analyst. It’s an opportunity for someone looking to break into venture and get meaningful exposure to many facets of the industry: founders, other investors, and deal structure/terms and operators. To see a variety of deals and get creative and employ “out of the box” thinking. We encourage a founder’s mentality – seeking out responsibility, forming strong opinions, leveraging your unique skillsets, and continually developing personally and professionally.
You’ll support a critical business function – evaluating potential deals – and will help us to complete research on companies and perform due diligence so we can make quick investments with conviction. It’s a chance to partner closely with the entire team and in so doing develop special relationships.
In this job you will:
- Be a core part of our four person investment team
- Perform background research on potential company investments to develop an opinion on the risks and upside of investment
- Dive deeply into and further develop company financial models to understand revenue, cash-flow and growth drivers
- Quickly learn about diverse industries (including, but not limited to): consumer, marketplaces, real estate tech and fintech) and then understand how the company fits in with industry trends
- Draft recommendation memos to inform senior team members of the pros and cons of investing in a company
- Meet with founders and operators to better understand their company, how they plan to go beyond their seed stage, and in so doing strike a balance between learning about them and showing them the value of joining the Corigin community
- Attend events, and be a brand champion of the firm
What makes you a great fit for this role:
- You’re curious and passionate about start-ups and technology
- You have the uncanny ability to take incomplete information about a company and quickly build out a more complete picture of their future (think solving a puzzle)
- You have very strong written skills and can communicate verbally with internal team members and potential founders
- You’re as comfortable speaking with founders as you are breaking apart a financial model – you like conversation as much as Excel
- You strike a balance between craftsmanship (care for the quality of your work) with pragmatism (good enough is good enough)
- You’re willing to do whatever it takes – including support work – because you want to support the team
- Completed Bachelors degree and 2-3 years of relevant work experience
- Competitive compensation and benefit package
LEARN MORE ABOUT CORIGIN VENTURES
If interested, please apply here.