ConsenSys is the leading technology firm in blockchain globally . ConsenSys Solutions is our strategy and corporate venturing unit that provides strategic advisory, ideation and use case designing, and new venture and platform development services to enterprise and government clients – helping them discover, explore and develop blockchain solutions. Our teams have led some of the most innovative blockchain production implementations in the world.
We are busy building the future of identity, financial markets, commerce, security and infrastructure, and more. We help governments and enterprises deliver products, solutions and platforms built using blockchain technology to transform how business is done across complex networks of buyers, suppliers and consumers.
What you will be doing?
You will be joining a diverse team of business and technology specialists working together to develop new blockchain ventures to help deliver next generation social, economic and political systems. You will be comfortable working across a range of engagements and tasks – conducting market research, new venture due diligence, structuring joint venture deals, running client workshops – but will bring a venturing mindset and requisite skill set to deliver the highest quality outcomes at pace.
We’re looking for someone at all experience levels, from analyst to associates with 2+ years’ experience – ideally you have worked at a top-tier venture capital fund, investment bank, growth equity fund or private equity fund.
Please note that this is 4 week contract and may be extended depending on requirement.
We are literally shaping the future of decentralized technology, and we’re looking for exceptional talent to help us change the world!
- Analyze new venture opportunities / ROI of a joint venture opportunity / Structure great joint venture deals with the right strategy and pricing.
- Market research / Deal diligence
- Data gathering – desk research / stakeholders and subject matter expert meetings
- Industry research, market mapping/sizing, financial analysis
- Joint venture memos, deal structuring, technology IP diligence
- New venture concepts summary documents and venture budget
What will you bring?
- Minimum of 2-3 years relevant experience from top-tier venture capital fund, investment bank, growth equity fund or private equity fund (preferably some experience with early-stage startup companies)
- Exposure to startups / technology businesses / knowledge of and passion for cutting edge technologies/digital initiatives (Blockchain knowledge would be beneficial but not mandatory)
- Proven track record in all aspects of deal due diligence process including industry research, market mapping/sizing, competitive market identification
- Strong analytical skills to develop, analyze and review business models, new venture economics/financial analysis, financial modeling, and potential intellectual property
- Experience in structuring, negotiating, and closing joint venture deals
- Exposure to technology licensing
- Relevant Degree in business, finance or accounting
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys:
- The forefront of a revolution. At ConsenSys we fundamentally believe that a next generation of technologies presents the opportunity to create a more just and equitable society.
- A dynamic startup environment. ConsenSys is a thought leader in the blockchain space and we are absorbing a significant portion of the mindshare. This is both exciting and challenging, as we learn to scale our organization while adhering to the principles of decentralization.
- Continuous learning. You’ll be constantly exposed to new languages, frameworks and ideas from your peers and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
- Deep technical challenges. This entire ecosystem is about 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much work to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. ConsenSys is building the technology platforms that can get us to those next thresholds of scale.
Click here for the latest updates from ConsenSys.
If you’re interested, please apply here.