Analysts at ChinaVest are mainly responsible for supporting Corporate Finance team at every stage of the projects, from industry research, market analysis to company screening, due diligence and preparation of various deliverables. Exceptional analysts will be eligible for a promotion to associate after two years. Main responsibilities are listed below:
- Conduct primary research on industries and selected companies in those industries and prepare meeting materials and various detailed presentations for prospective and mandated clients
- Develop industry domain expertise through exposure to and meetings with China-based companies, attending industry conferences and events, and constantly tracking news and developments with industry
- Assist deal teams in all aspects of deal execution (deal origination, market strategy analysis, target screening and selection, company valuation, due diligence, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic record
- 2-3 years’ experience in investment banking, venture capital/private equity, strategy consulting, or business development/strategy function in a multi-national company is preferred
- Native English speaker; fluency in Mandarin is a plus
- Excellent analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Positive, ambitious attitude
- Thrives in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively and independently within an organization structure
- Willingness to travel
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Hands-on knowledge of the industrials, TMT/Retail, or pharmaceutical/healthcare industries is a plus
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and consist of a base salary and performance-based bonus. Position available immediately.
ChinaVest is a leading merchant bank dedicated to strategic and financial advisory, specializing in cross-border strategic investment between the United States and China. Founded in China in 1981, ChinaVest has over 35 years of M&A and principal investment experience across a wide range of industries, including: consumer products, healthcare, services, industrial & automotive, finance, and technology. As Wells Fargo Bank’s partner for investment banking and M&A in China, ChinaVest serves leading American and Chinese firms in pursuing successful strategic cross-border initiatives.
If interested, please apply here.