Catapult Ventures is a venture capital fund manager with an enviable track record, having recorded 10 exits since 2015 averaging a 4x cash multiple. Its track record in life sciences is especially strong, with recent exits including Accutronics, FDAS, Haemostatix, Lumora, Oxford Cryosystems, and Monica Healthcare.
Catapult is now seeking an Investment Analyst for its most recent fund – the GM&C Life Sciences Fund, based in Alderley Park. This is an exciting role for someone seeking an entry into the venture capital industry, working for one of the most active life science VC funds in the UK (~20 investments in circa 2 years).
This is a new role, the need for which is coming out of significant new deal flow and our growing portfolio. The successful applicant will work in a junior capacity across ALL aspects of the Fund, including deal flow, due diligence, transaction, portfolio management, investment relations and reporting. You will be busy!
- Researching the life science industry and trends including new technologies in areas such as digital health.
- Creation and identification of suitable deal flow for the GM&C Fund.
- Meeting and analysing companies seeking investment from the Fund.
- Writing research reports and investment papers.
- Working with companies to develop financial models and projections.
- Helping the Life Science Partners with recommendations to Catapult’s Investment Committee.
- Working with lawyers on investment transactions.
- Helping our Life Sciences Partners and Venture Partners add value to the investment process and with reporting to fund investors.
- Portfolio management activities will include monitoring performance through review of board papers, attending board meetings as an Observer, liaising with independent non-executive directors etc.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate with a 1st or 2:1 in a life science or medical subject and/or a post graduate qualification in a life science or medical subject.
- Experience working in the life science industry or medical experience.
- Demonstrable ability to interpret and assess scientific data from different sources to understand impact on investment decisions.
- Strong commercial acumen and good financial analytical and modelling skills (i.e. Excel etc).
- Excellent communication skills – able to communicate easily at a very senior level.
- Impressive work ethic and excellent team dynamics.
- An MBA and/or financial qualification(s).
- Experience within an investment bank or venture capital environment (internship etc)
- Experience of working within a VC-backed company (life science start-up etc)
- Experience of starting own company
This is an entry-level position with an entry-level starting salary and executive package (including 10% company contribution to pension, health insurance, death in service, and possibility of carry after a qualifying period). The successful applicant must be based in the Greater Manchester or Cheshire region, or be willing to relocate.
If you would like to apply for this position, please email us with
i) a full CV
ii) detailed covering letter explaining what you can bring to the team, and
iii) salary expectations to: