We are a tight-knit team that’s big on performance but low on ego. Our team spans industries, generations and coasts. To succeed, you will need to deliver out-of-the-box thinking and love a spirited debate. It’s our individual backgrounds and interests that inform our collective approach to investing.
We are early stage investors and active company builders across both life sciences and technology. We are currently investing out of Canaan XI – an $800M vehicle – and over our 30 year history have $5B AUM.
About The Role
We are hiring for a tech-obsessed self-starter looking to work alongside senior venture capital veterans on enterprise technology deals. An analyst at Canaan can expect to…
- Monitor trends vis-a-vis continuous market research and identify winners
- Develop relationships with Canaan portfolio companies, founders of future Canaan portfolio companies, service providers and anyone & everyone in technology
- Conduct due diligence (e.g. market analysis, competitive mapping, and financials)
- Attend company pitch meetings and evaluate businesses
- Attend board meetings and provide ongoing portfolio company support
- Have a strong voice during partnership meetings as we discuss new and existing deals
- Help plan and execute Canaan community events
- Own specific projects that you’re passionate about from start to finish
- A passion and curiosity for technology and entrepreneurship with a focus on enterprise and deep tech
- 1–3 years of work experience in operations or product at a large technology company, startup, or technology consulting
- An undergraduate / graduate degree in engineering or STEM-related field preferred
- A strong, opinionated voice about technology trends and companies
- A go-getter with great interpersonal skills and an ability to build effective working relationships with key members of the technology ecosystem
- Ability to think creatively and critically while juggling multiple projects at once
- Basic financial modeling skills and a keen understanding of key financial concepts
- Someone who can thrive in a dynamic, intimate, and relatively unstructured office environment
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In that email, please include:
- Links to any relevant content on Medium, Personal Blog, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.
- Not more than a half page of text total (no, seriously) answering one (or more) of the following questions:
- What sector in technology should we invest in today and why?
- What company in that sector should we invest in and why?
- A personal story that helps us understand who you are
Candidates advancing to the interview phase will be contacted by early August.