Bolt (Linkedin, Crunchbase) is a venture capital firm forging a new model of seed-stage investing focused on startups at the intersection of hardware and software. Each investment we make is propelled by expert day-to-day support that helps bring hardware products to market faster and with less capital. Bolt’s full-stack product engineering team and multi-million dollar prototyping shops provide the framework for our value-added investment platform that enables hardware entrepreneurs to succeed.
Bolt is seeking to increase the number of founders we invest in and support. We are excited for an analyst to join our investment team and help us find the next generation of hardware startups. Candidates must thrive in the fast-moving venture community and, like the rest of our team, be highly autonomous. We’re looking for someone who is humble and has a high degree of empathy for the founders we back and the risks they take.
This is a full time role at our facility in downtown San Francisco and would include occasional travel to Boston and New York.
- Work directly with senior team members to source, evaluate, and close investments in new startups.
- Research, track, and manage databases of startups in the hardware startup ecosystem.
- Design and manage systems that automate lead generation within Bolt’s investment focus.
- Research market segments and write up findings for both internal consumption and external publication on our blog .
- Meet with entrepreneurs that Bolt may be interested in investing in and assist in due diligence on companies we’re evaluating.
- Explore, research, and document markets and sectors that Bolt is seeking to learn more about, including: connected consumer hardware, industrial sensors, enterprise IT, AR/VR, and emerging hardware categories.
- We are open to recent college graduates as well as candidates with a graduate degree and/or several years of work experience.
- Strong analytical skills. Physics, engineering or computer science degree(s) are preferred but not required
- Excitement to become a key member of the investment team. We intend for this role to be a long term growth opportunity and are committed to investing in the development of your career.
- Strong interpersonal skills. You will often be talking to entrepreneurs and other investors on behalf of Bolt.
- Extremely proactive and self-directed. You will have a lot of autonomy in this role
Familiarity with the language of the hardware startup and venture capital ecosystems.
- Special interest given to candidates who have previously been a founder or early employee of a venture backed startup.
If interested, please apply here.