BIP Capital is recognized as one of the most active Venture Capital firms in the Southeast; serving entrepreneurs, investors, and operators to grow the emerging company ecosystem in our geographic area. We apply experience and process to make both investment decisions and operational recommendations, allowing our portfolio companies to get and stay on a glide path of growth. We hire intelligent and driven individuals, with an emphasis on teamwork and trust. We realize that helping an organization grow requires more than just capital and a recommendation. We actively engage with our portfolio companies, walking with them as they make the difficult decisions required to turn good ideas into great companies. For more on BIP Capital, please visit www.bipcapital.com.
ESSENTIAL ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
BIP Capital is in need of a motivated and adaptable individual on our investment team to support our growth. The right candidate for the job will join a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team that enjoys a strong sense of camaraderie and a flat organizational structure.
The Analyst will assist in the underwriting and due diligence of prospective investments, preparing investment memoranda and provide transaction support throughout due diligence and closing. The Analyst will also take a leading role in portfolio management activities including cap table management, financial modeling, and investment returns modeling. The ideal candidate will balance the need for attention to detail with the ability to operate at a fast pace.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
Listed examples are illustrative and representative of the tasks required of this position, but are not exhaustive.
- Lead ongoing portfolio management activities, including cap table modeling and management, forecasting future capital needs, and investment returns analysis
- Perform financial analyses, including revenue projections and scenario analyses
- Assist in the analysis of prospective investments, including performing in-depth market research, documenting customer calls and the creation of an investment thesis
- Prepare thorough due diligence packages for potential investments, effectively communicating support for underwriting assumptions
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- Efficiently determine the order in which competing priorities are to be accomplished
Education and Experience
- BS or BA Required – preferred in finance or business
- Candidates should have a minimum of 1-3 years experience in investment banking or principal investing
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated interest in technology, data, and investing with strong technical aptitude
- Mastery of Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Advanced proficiency in financial modeling and investment returns analysis
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, working both independently and in teams
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and uncompromising personal integrity
- Ability to prioritize different projects and priorities simultaneously to meet deadlines
- Effective, versatile, and action-oriented when it comes to problem-solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop strong relationships with a wide variety of audiences
- Impeccable interpersonal skills with a track record of effectively interacting with senior management
- Maniacal attention to detail with strong analytical and organizational skills
If interested, please apply here.