Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group company, is an industry leading commercial real estate company providing comprehensive capital solutions and investment sales advisory and research services for multifamily and commercial properties. Berkadia is amongst the largest, highest rated and most respected primary, master and special servicers in the industry.
Our people are our greatest strength and make Berkadia a great place to work, creating an environment of trust, mutual respect, innovation and collaboration. We invest in our people through our commitment to training, product development and enhancements in technology making Berkadia a truly great place to work.
The Financial Analyst will become an expert on market elements that impact Commercial Real Estate and perform in-depth financial analysis to evaluate Commercial Real Estate assets. This person will assist an Investments Sales team with financial analysis and preparing market data to be utilized in various client-facing documents and presentations.
· Breakdown and analyze P&L statements and rent rolls;
· Utilize and maintain databases that track investment sales activity, construction pipeline, and other relevant real estate metrics;
· May occasionally present and support analyses to clients;
· Review industry surveys and benchmarks, economic and demographic trends;
· Actively assist in the research, writing, and proofing of market intelligence for marketing materials;
· Assist with preparing and presenting the results of the analysis, including graphics and charts, in a clear and concise manner;
· Establish strong working relationships with the team to understand and identify their needs for market intelligence.
What someone will need to be successful in this role
· Experience with data analytics such as demographics, competitors, industry and real estate trends, etc.
· Ability to simplify and effectively communicate complex ideas in writing and through data visualization techniques to diverse audiences.
· Must be proficient in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
· Experience using Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, etc.) preferred.
· Commitment to obtaining outstanding results.
· Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments and manage rapidly changing assignments in deadline-driven team environment.
What is required for this role
· Bachelor’s degree required; Business-related, Real Estate or Finance field of study highly preferred
· At least 2 years of professional experience, including internships and jobs outside of school. Specific experience as an analyst, researching market trends and local industries in the Real Estate industry, preferred.
Berkadia is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
If interested, please apply here.