At BECO, we are constantly looking for extraordinary people to join our team that have a shared mission of transforming the development of the Middle East through technology and innovation. Our past experience has taught us a lot about our values and what we look for in individuals that share our values and want to work in this industry. We have learnt, and continue to learn, about how to build a strong investment team and are looking for entrepreneurial people to join us in our mission. With this in mind, we have decided to launch our two-year Analyst Program.
This is a two-year role based in Dubai where you will learn about venture capital and gain a deeper understanding of the technologies that are changing the Middle East for the better. Being part of a small team allows you to immerse yourself deep into deals, portfolio companies and meet many founders and stakeholders directly. While the role requires interpersonal skills and curiosity, we are looking for candidates that are well-versed with solving problems, can pick up new things quickly and are passionate about technology. Candidates should have at least 2-5 years of work experience in an environment that encompasses these characteristics.
An ideal candidate should already be based in Dubai and ready to start immediately. The main responsibilities for this Analyst role include, but are not limited to the following activities:
Research & Due Diligence
- Performing market research for potential investments. This can be researching themes and sector trends, comparable companies, market dynamics and drivers to derive insights
- Conduct product and service testing for specific companies and provide thorough summary of the experience with feedback (as well as product comparisons)
- Prepare in-depth and robust models from scratch for each analyzed opportunity (web analytics, market sizing, unit economics, CAC/LTV modeling, cohort analysis etc)
- Collect all relevant research and analysis required for compiling investment memos for new and existing opportunities. Contribute to creating all IM’s from initial memos all the way up to follow-on memos
- Review legal documentation for each investment opportunity (term sheets, shareholder agreements, subscription agreements, etc) and work with legal provider to manage the legal due diligence process
- Perform valuation modelling on each investment opportunity and carry out sensitivity analysis to address risks and produce differentiated scenarios to test IRRs and investment hurdles
- Track macro trends globally and in the Middle East as it pertains to the technology sector and our portfolio companies
- Screen opportunities against the BECO investment criteria and meet with entrepreneurs
- Utilize the BECO CRM to keep track of all deal flow through to investments and use the reporting mechanism for all in-house and investor reports
Documentation & Reporting
- Reporting to BECO investors, which includes helping value investments, writing quarterly updates, and packaging material for BECO investors
- Documentation of all processes and updating the company operating manual
- Track investors that are actively engaged in the technology sector in the MENA region and emerging markets
We’re looking for someone who demonstrates the following:
- 2- 5 years of relevant experience preferably working for top tier VC, Investment Bank, PE, SWF, or Management Consulting firm within a transaction setting
- MBA degree or equivalent from a top tier business school or university preferably with a CFA or similar financial qualification
- Extremely proficient in MS Word Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong passion for technology and deep understanding of the ecosystem of web and mobile services
- A self-starter who has strong drive and the ability to self-direct/manage their own time and productivity
- The ability to articulate opinions in a clear and concise manner through strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills that can deal with multiple stakeholders, from founders to investors and experts
- Excellent organizational skills as you will have to manage the documents for a large portfolio of companies
- Very detailed oriented
If you believe you have what it takes, we would love to hear from you. We try and be efficient in our recruiting process. As a start, please submit to email@example.com, your CV, an email explaining why you are interested in the analyst role and provide an example of an initiative you took outside of school or work that highlights your character.
We look forward to learning about your story, and thank you for considering BECO.
If interested, please apply here.