Bertelsmann Digital Media Investments (BDMI) is looking for a dedicated, resourceful VC Analyst to join our venture capital team in New York as part of our 2-year analyst program.
BDMI is a corporate venture capital fund investing in startups that provide innovative digital media technologies, products, and distribution channels in North America, Europe, and Israel. We look for early stage opportunities where we can accelerate growth through BDMI’s financial and management resources and broad connectivity to various Bertelsmann divisions.
We are looking for an Analyst (1-2 years prior work experience) to join our NYC investment team and focus on sourcing and evaluating new deals, supporting due diligence, working with our existing portfolio companies and analyzing new technologies. The ideal candidate is someone who is savvy about digital media and the startup community with excellent critical thinking, financial and analytical skills.
Venture capital experience is a plus, but not required, since we will provide weekly sessions focused on deeper dives into various aspects of investing, diligence and analysis. This role is not partner-track, but our 2-year analyst program is designed to provide education and practical training in venture capital which should help prepare you for your next role at a startup company, media company, or another VC firm.
- Analysis of market and technology trends
- Research, identify, and source new deal flow
- Due diligence on new investments including market research, competitive analysis, and financial modeling
- Preparing presentations for senior management, shareholders, and project partners
- Supporting/preparing documentation for financial reporting and external audits
- Consulting/supporting portfolio companies
- Assist the investment team as needed
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Relevant work experience (1-2 years), preferably from TMT investment banking or a major consulting firm.
- Familiar with the Internet and digital media ecosystems as businesses and evolving platforms, either from work experience or personal interest
- Passionate about technology and digital innovation
- Finance and financial modeling
- Technical background and/or startup experience
- Ability to work well in an unstructured environment
Please note, applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
If interested, please apply here.