- Banner Health is looking for individuals with a special blend of boundless curiosity, disciplined vision, and comfort with ambiguity to shape the future model of healthcare.
Banner Venture Group is newly created with a focus on establishing partnerships with innovative companies in the healthcare space and the commercialization of internal ideas. As a venture group analyst, you will have the opportunity to make a direct impact on how Banner Health engages with external innovation by working with companies that are addressing the top problems facing the healthcare industry.
You Will Play a Major Role In
- Early stage startup investment decisions: sourcing, piloting, due diligence, and investment monitoring
- Identifying, assessing, and overseeing internal commercialization opportunities
The ideal candidate will either have existing VC/CVC experience, corporate development experience or extensive start-up experience.
The Banner Innovation Group (BIG) is Banner Health’s internal innovation team tackling emerging, novel, and unproven ideas to pioneer a new customer experience in healthcare. It is the engine of an innovation ecosystem that braces Banner’s mission to make healthcare easier so that life can be better. BIG applies purposeful, disciplined, and reliable methods of human-centered design across three core functions: developing ideas from within, partnering with external companies through experimentation or investment, and inspiring an enterprise-wide culture of innovation.
About Banner Health Corporate
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you’ll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
About Banner Health
Banner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services in all the communities we serve. Throughout our network of hospitals, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and more, our skilled and compassionate professionals use the latest technology to make health care easier, so life can be better. The many locations, career opportunities, and benefits offered at Banner Health help to make the Banner Journey unique and fulfilling for every employee.
This position supports the innovation groups purpose and strategies by fostering commercial innovations and strategic innovation investments to transform healthcare. This position supports the investment team with a focus on sourcing deals and conducting market research and due diligence. Responsibilities include: Sources and screens deals, conducts industry and competitive research, and performs due diligence. Drafts opportunity memos. Collaborates with evaluation team to recommend potential pilots as appropriate, and evaluate financial opportunity. Identifies potential new investment opportunities aligned to strategic innovation priorities and presents to leadership. Coordinates with internal and external parties to oversee Intellectual Property (IP) portfolio. Assists in the development of innovation business cases and financial projections for internal ideas. Supports additional projects as needed
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business challenges to suggest improvements to services, processes or products.
- Solves complex problems. Takes a new perspective using existing solutions.
- Interprets customer needs, assesses requirements and identifies solutions to non-standard requests. Interacts primarily with department and cross-department peers, supervisor, customers, peers managers, patients and physicians.
- Makes decisions within approved operating plans and objectives and within functional policies and precedents. Determines how and when to achieve results.
Bachelors degree or equivalent working knowledge in Finance or Business Management.
Two plus years of experience at a venture capital firm, consulting firm, or investment bank. Strong Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills. Strong understanding of research, presentation development, and valuation methodologies. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Strong financial modeling skills.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Apply For This Job Apply
Connect With Us!
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at Banner Health.
If interested, please apply here.