Arboretum Ventures is an early-stage venture capital firm specializing in the healthcare sector. We focus on investments in medical device, diagnostic, and healthcare service and IT companies across the United States, with a special interest in the Midwest region. Our guiding vision is to identify transformative healthcare companies that are developing improved and less costly solutions to large, chronic health problems. Founded in 2002 and located in Ann Arbor, Michigan, we currently manage $450 million in capital across four investment funds.
As an investment analyst, you will be a vital member of the Arboretum team, providing critical information that will inform investment decision-making. Your primary responsibility will be supporting due diligence related to new investment opportunities. You won’t be expected to do this in isolation, as our culture fosters collaboration and draws upon the collective competencies of our diverse team. You will also play a role in our effort to foster growth and drive value with our portfolio companies after the initial investment is made.
- Serve as a primary screen for new investment opportunities to identify those high-potential companies worthy of deeper review
- Support due diligence activities including assessments of clinical need, addressable market, technology risks, management teams, and exit returns. This will be done collaboratively while interfacing with external consultants and Arboretum team members
- Write due diligence memoranda to capture investment rationale and risks
- Engage directly with portfolio company leadership as required to support operational activities. This may include fundraising, budgeting, and exit forecasting
- Assist with internal processes and systems including document control and tracking, marketing and investor relations, and preparing quarterly reports
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, engineering or science from a top-tier university
- Two to three years of professional experience in an analytical or financial capacity, preferably at a healthcare-focused company
- High proficiency with constructing valuation and financial forecast models
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an ability to distill complex information into easily understood terms
- Ability to complete high-quality, detail-oriented work under a deadline
- Comfortable with multi-tasking and a flexible work style
- Personable, confident, and willing to share an opinion
Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply, your submission must include a cover letter and resume sent to Samantha Gorosh (email@example.com). Incomplete submissions will not be considered.