We are seeking a venture capital analyst to join Saudi Aramco’s Venture Capital program based in Beijing or Shanghai.
Saudi Aramco is launching a major new global venture capital program with significant focus on the China market. The program will be investing in leading venture capital funds and directly into start-ups in diversified technology sectors, with a pure financial return objective. Investment will focus on high-growth sectors such as consumer, internet, e-commerce, social media, enterprise software, healthcare, fintech, deeptech, etc.
Saudi Aramco’s existing corporate energy venture capital program has established itself since incorporation in 2012 as a global leader in its field, having executed over 30 investments to date, co-invested with leading venture capital and corporate venture capital peers, established a track record of financial returns and deployment of portfolio technologies, and received recognition including the CEO’s Excellence Award and inclusion in Global Corporate Venturing’s ‘Powerlist 100’.
The China investment team is responsible for identifying, executing and managing venture fund and direct venture capital investments for the program in China, and generating an attractive financial return on investment.
These openings represent an opportunity to join a major new greenfield program working with leading players in the most dynamic sectors in the venture capital industry in China, backed by one of the world’s most influential companies with a proven track record in venture investing.
- The successful candidate will have a bachelors and/or masters degree in technical and/or business related fields with strong academic track record from a leading university.
- The candidate will have a demonstrated interest in, and enthusiasm for, technology, venture capital and entrepreneurship. Strong research skills, resourcefulness and self-motivation are essential.
- A minimum of two to four years of work experience are expected in venture capital, corporate venture capital, corporate development, consulting, investment banking, private equity, start-up leadership or related fields.
- The preferred candidate will have some international experience or ability to work across international cultures. Fluency in written and verbal Chinese and English are a must.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will be required to perform the following:
- Research and report on activity and trends in the venture capital sector in China.
- Perform mapping of startup activity, competitive landscapes and market trends in specified industry subsectors.
- Support assessment and due diligence processes for investments into venture capital funds and directly into start-up companies.
- Support periodic reporting on performance of fund and direct venture capital investments.
If interested, please apply here.