We are looking for an Analyst to join our investment team based in New York. This individual will work alongside Associates and Directors, contributing to the evaluation of financial services-related technology investments. The role includes, but is not limited to, day to day work on Anthemis’ early stage venture fund as well as the growth fund and other tasks in the end-to-end investment process.
Key responsibilities of the Investment Analyst role include:
- Develop a solid understanding of the investment theses and contribute to pipelines by researching companies and suggesting appropriate additions to top-of-funnel lists
- Conduct high level assessments of companies
- Evaluate companies that progress into due diligence by identifying competitors, performing commercial and financial analyses, preparing due diligence questions etc.
- Carry out ongoing trend and competitor monitoring
- Conduct deep dives into specific themes
- Support with compiling various Investment Committee documents
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- 1-2 years continuous, relevant work experience with a track record of demonstrating initiative, most likely as an Investment Banking Analyst, consultant, or at a VC firm
- Excellent communication skills
- To demonstrate a well-rounded interest in financial services and technology and be active in this space
- Financial literacy, with the ability to understand the 3-statement accounts as a minimum
- Strong analytical and pattern recognition skills, with a natural curiosity about how systems, markets etc. work
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills
- The opportunity to develop professionally at one of the most respected financial services technology players and interact with our broader ecosystem, all within a flexible working environment.
- Access to health insurance – your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme.
- Holidays – it’s important you take time off! You get 25 days throughout the year to take a well-earned rest. In addition, to public bank holidays.
If interested, please apply here.