The Analyst is an integral member of the Amplitude Ventures fund team and is involved in all aspects of the investment and portfolio management process to assist the team to create, build, grow and exit a portfolio of healthcare related investments. We are an energetic, diverse team and we consider each other family, guaranteeing a work environment where every day is rewarding, with new challenges and learning opportunities.
We are a capital catalyst for highly innovative companies at the point of value acceleration. We work with Canada’s most promising healthcare companies that share our vision of bringing ground-breaking technologies to patients. Amplitude is focused on building world-class Canadian companies in precision medicine and next-generation medical devices. Our offices are in Montreal, Toronto, and Vancouver.
- Support the evaluation and assessment of new and follow-on investments with relevant financial and competitive analysis and participate in deal execution
- Assure the efficient operation of the team by preparing internal investment forms for all transactions in compliance with Amplitude’s investment process, adhering to policies, procedures and audit guidelines
- Build competitive intelligence for existing investments and provide forward-looking sectoral analysis
- Add value to portfolio companies by monitoring investment portfolios, providing financial, forecasting and statistical analyses, and identifying potential opportunities and issues.
- Record incoming deal flow and manage the investment opportunity pipeline. Maintain accuracy of all data in Amplitude’s Deal Flow management system.
- Collect and analyze information and statistics on fund and market activity using the data to prepare and present relevant operations reports.
- Build content data collection for utilization in annual reports, brand promotion and fundraising purposes
- Support the team’s social media presence by maintaining and monitoring the team blog and twitter accounts. Monitor relevant portfolio company news for inclusion in social media efforts.
- Support maintaining accuracy of all data in Amplitude’s back-office system and valuation process.
- Undergraduate degree in business or science with a preference for MBA, CFA charter or advanced science degree or MD.
- The ideal candidate will also possess strong networking skills and relationships in the start-up community as well as demonstrated ability in investment management and portfolio theory.
- Canadian work authorization.
Bonus points if you have:
• 1-2 years of work experience in venture capital, investment banking, management consulting, healthcare delivery, healthcare start-up, or a large healthcare company.
This position will be a perfect fit if you have/are:
- Outstanding computer skills – must be highly proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and must be able to quickly learn internal Amplitude data management systems
- Intellectual curiosity, excellent analytical skills, ability to assess the merits of new technologies, size and adoption rates of markets, and competitive forces faced when introducing new products.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage time effectively, deal with abstract concepts and multi- task.
- Collaborative nature, highly motivated person that seeks out additional responsibility and productivity improvements
- Organized, thorough, and detail oriented
- Ability to prepare financial forecasts and pro-forma financial statements.
- Good oral and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to produce and deliver clear and concise oral and written presentations.
Compensation / Location / Start Date:
- Compensation based on experience.
- Based in one of Montreal, Toronto or Vancouver
- Flexible Start date
Up for the challenge?
Send your resume, and a short summary of why you want to work with us to email@example.com. Please include your name and current location in the subject line.
Amplitude is committed to building a diverse team. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and age.