AgDevCo is currently looking for an Analyst with strong finance and analytical skills. Candidates will have an interest in international development and impact investing. The positions are based in London working with in-country investment teams.
For applicants who do not have sufficient experience, we may be able to offer paid intern positions. We may also be willing to consider more experienced individuals with strong project finance / PE modelling skills for more senior roles.
We are looking for an individual who demonstrates the potential to develop within AgDevCo to become an Investment Manager with responsibility for individual investments; and with the willingness to travel regularly and/or be located in Africa.
The analyst will provide support to in-country AgDevCo teams, helping identify, analyse and structure, and support prospective investments and play a supporting role in project development.
As a small and growing firm, the expectation is that the successful candidate will be willing and able to perform any tasks reasonably related to the below duties, as required from time to time.
Country-specific portfolio management and investment
- Governance support (e.g. team meetings, preparation for board meetings, AGMs) for select country subsidiaries.
- Programme administration including meeting minute-taking, tracking project expenditure against budget for individual investments, and weekly country cash-flows.
- Impact monitoring of specific investments including review of quarterly financial statements provided by sponsors, annual M&E form completed by sponsors and aggregation of country-level impact for comparison against logframe targets.
- Advising country teams on use of appropriate templates and models, and ensuring that they adhere to them.
- Support the development of AgDevCo’s financial models, including for new investments, working and collaborating with other team members and investees. In addition, providing an independent review for others’ financial models.
- Conduct market research, finding and analysing data on market dynamics to support investment decisions.
- Provide support in the investment due-diligence process for investments. For specific investments, this may include more detailed assessment of past performance, analysis of opportunities, forecasting of financial performance and assessment of management capabilities.
- Project support to include creation of PIM/pitch documents, project development agreements (e.g. shareholders agreement, loan documents, etc.) and on-going project support.
- Prepare and present investment materials for consideration by AgDevCo’s Senior Management Team and Board of Directors, as well as third party investors and partners.
Supporting Corporate functions:
- Produce marketing documents for brochures and the website.
- Programme support such as tracking investments, monitoring and evaluation of project performance at an individual investment, country-wide and portfolio-wide level. M&E document preparation and review for both internal and external audiences.
- Preparation of reports to funders, the Investment Committee and Board.
- Work with in-house legal, finance, impact and country teams to manage workflows.
- Refining policies and procedures where appropriate and producing standard AgDevCo templates
If interested, please apply here.