We are looking for a mission-oriented Venture Analyst to assist in making venture capital investments with the goal of increasing farmer profitability. You will create investment proposals based on your evaluation of the startup team, market, product, and impact on farmers, among other factors. After an investment is made it will be your responsibility to continue interacting with startup founders to monitor performance and add value however possible.
The Venture Analyst must have a strong curiosity to research complex markets and the ability to deliver relevant information in an easy to understand written report. We want to see candidates that have a deep understanding of agriculture, mathematical comfort, and excellent written and verbal communication ability.
The successful candidate will guide venture capital investments that lead to outstanding financial returns while improving the profitability of farmers.
- Source deals through industry events, content marketing, and strategic partners.
- Monitor industry trends and opportunities in agriculture and startup media.
- Conduct market research.
- Evaluate investment opportunities.
- Develop financial models and forecasts.
- Create written investment recommendations.
- Explain and defend investment recommendations to management and the investment committee.
- Monitor portfolio company milestones and performance.
- Prepare monthly board reports and special reports as assigned.
- Write engaging content for use in a newsletter and marketing efforts.
- Proven agriculture, finance, or startup experience.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical ability.
- Solid understanding of financial statements.
- Ability to create financial forecasts from scratch.
- Strong mathematical skill.
- Comfort with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or equivalent programs.
- Passion to increase farmer profitability.
- Work from our office in Mason City, IA.
- Travel up to 20% of the time.
IF interested, please apply here.