If you can imagine spending your days exploring your curiosity in technology- and data-driven business models, we may have the right role for you: 42CAP is growing the team with an Analyst position.
42CAP invests in early-stage technology-and data-driven companies across Europe with global ambition. The team behind 42CAP has built one of Europe’s largest SaaS companies (eCircle) with 500 people and $50m in SaaS revenues and sold the profitable company to Teradata in 2012. They are peers amongst entrepreneurs and driven by conviction.
The 2 year Analyst role, based in Munich, includes:
- Identifying technologies and trends that will positively impact economies and societies and represent attractive venture investment opportunities
- Carrying out market and company due diligence on investment opportunities
- Working with our portfolio companies to support them
- Helping with our community management and events
- Supporting with fund reporting and analyses
- Working directly with the two General Partners; embedded in a small team allowing for a steep learning curve and significant exposure to the entrepreneurial ecosystem
Here’s what we’d like you to bring to the table:
- A strong understanding of and passion for up- and down-stack web technologies and services; the ability to code is beneficial but not required. We have invested in things such as next generation web protocols and open source real-time data application platforms — so you should feel comfortable navigating and grasping those kind of technologies
- Self (fire-) starters — be able to run on your own, identify projects and prioritise without much guidance
- The ability to clearly articulate thoughts and opinions about markets and companies both in written and spoken form
- Strong interpersonal skills — will work extensively within the team and with entrepreneurs
- Ability to carry out market and financial analyses
- Native (or close to) English language skills both written and oral
- The willingness to roll-up sleeves — we are a small team
There is no ideal background for this role and a formal degree is not required; we think that the role will be suitable to a wide range of folks from fresh graduates with a track record of technology internships to candidates with a few years of work experience in startups and technology.
We’re offering these benefits:
If you are interested in the position please apply with the following:
- A CV
- A collection of links that best characterize your online presence (blog, GitHub, twitter, etc)
If interested, please apply here