The way we invest in ideas is broken. Entrepreneurs that are solving the world’s hardest problems cannot access the capital they need to scale their companies. Village Capital is the most active early-stage impact investor in the world and we are building a different system that creates a more inclusive, effective, and supportive investment model.
Over the last seven years, our “peer selection” approach has changed the conversation and brought new transparency to investing in entrepreneurs. We’ve supported over 600 companies and have made more than 70 early stage investments around the world by finding, training and investing in companies solving some of the world’s most significant challenges. 90% of our portfolio is based outside Silicon Valley, New York, and Boston; nearly 40% of our companies are led by women, 20% by African American and Latino entrepreneurs and 100% of our companies are pursuing solutions to expand economic opportunity or drive environmental sustainability. To date, 90% of these ventures are still operating, and 13 have already exited profitably.
Our team is expanding and we’re looking for a US Ventures Manager to enable Village Capital to successfully focus on its mission to find, train and invest in companies solving some of the world’s biggest challenges. Reporting into the Director of US Ventures, the US Ventures Manager will manage all aspects of our sector-specific venture development programs. On the front end, this includes market research to help shape our investment strategy, meeting and evaluating the highest quality seed-stage companies, and providing a robust investment recommendation to our investment committee. The program manager is not only heavily influential in company selection, he/she will also support the growth of these ventures by leading our entrepreneur workshops around the nation. Ensuring successful execution of the program includes program facilitation, events management, budgeting, and cultivating an ecosystem of mentors to support our entrepreneur cohorts.
- Project Management: You will manage the behind-the-scenes infrastructure building and detail-oriented work that goes into recruiting entrepreneurs, project management, and prospective partner identification and research.
- Sourcing and Due Diligence: You will perform industry landscape evaluations, market sizing and competitor research to shape our investment strategy and select the top companies within our target sectors. You will also have screening meetings with founders during the recruitment cycle.
- Developing a Network to Support Entrepreneurs: You’ll build a network of investors, customers and industry experts to support these growing companies. In addition, you will develop strategies for maximizing the success of our current entrepreneurs.
- Foster Relationship Development and Strategy: Manage the development of current and new strategic partners with support from our core partnerships team, which include supporting fundraising efforts.
- A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment
- Minimum of a B.A., or related degree.
- At least 5 years of overall professional experience; ideally 3-5 years of relevant business and management experience.
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
If interested, please apply here.