Tullis Health Investors (“Tullis”) is a healthcare growth equity and late-stage venture capital fund manager founded in 1986. The Tullis family of funds has invested in more than 70 emerging healthcare portfolio companies over the past 29 years, ranging from medical devices, diagnostics, biopharma, health IT, health services, medical distributors, etc. We also focus on commercialization of U.S. technologies into international markets.
The Tullis team has broad and deep experience in healthcare investing and a track record of top quartile performance. Its diverse investment team is highly-accomplished across a range of specialties and geographies.
As we grow, we are looking for current MBA candidates to join our team this summer. The firm is entrepreneurial in nature, which allows interns to gain a great deal of exposure to all aspects of venture capital. Interns will be given as much responsibility as they can handle. This is an opportunity for a qualified candidate to get exposure to venture and growth equity investing in healthcare, including direct interaction with investment team members at the company.
Primary Role Functions:
- Source and review of fund investment opportunities and tracking of internal deal flow
- General research on the venture capital investment environment and healthcare industry landscape
- Work on all stages of due diligence including market analysis, and conducting primary and secondary research
- Create detailed business and financial models and run analyses using industry knowledge, company research; analyze findings and effectively communicate with senior team members
- Perform financial analysis of Cash Flow/Revenue projections, Capitalization Tables, Exit Analysis
Ideal candidates will have prior experience in investment, research, consulting or similar fields with experience related to financial modeling skills, valuation and conceptual understanding of venture capital. Successful candidates will have the following qualities:
- Strong writing skills and experience authoring investment proposals or similar recommendations
- Financial modeling capability with high attention to detail
- Corporate finance and valuation knowledge and the ability to understand the key drivers of portfolio company operating performance and ultimately fund level returns
- Sense of ownership of work product and the ability to handle several projects simultaneously and prioritize work based on deadlines
- Ability to communicate across multiple levels of seniority, both internally and externally, with a high level of general partner interaction in both social and business settings
- Healthcare industry experience highly preferred
We are looking for interns to start immediately based in Palm Beach Gardens, FL. If you are interested please submit a resume and summary of why you would be a good fit to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to be creative in an attempt to separate yourself from the rest of the candidates. Thank you for reviewing the opportunity.
This role has a modest summer stipend that is dependent on experience.