Samsung Ventures America (SVA) (Crunchbase) is the US office for Samsung’s US investment activities. The primary responsibilities of the group are to source, qualify, and build relationships with various technology related companies. Our major investment areas include semiconductor, materials, telecommunication, software, Internet, mobile service, security, enterprise solution, bio engineering and medical industry, film/video industry, while potential investment subjects range from start-ups to established companies that are about to be listed in the stock market. Currently, the group has $1.7+ Billion under management, and is expected to grow and invest up to approximately $300M over the next two to three years.
Responsible for leading Samsung Venture’s investment thesis and market research
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify key market trend and provide relevant market trend report
- This individual will work with the VP to lead the investment team around technology and strategic direction
- Map investment trends supporting deal pipeline
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must be proficient in Korean and English
- 3+ years of relevant technology and investment experience
- Preferably educated to Graduate school Must have at least a Bachelors degree in Engineering.
- Ability to take a hypothesis-driven approach
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Previous exposure to market research
If interested, please apply here.