SK telecom Americas is the venture investment and business development arm of SK Telecom, the largest mobile operator in South Korea. SK telecom also owns SK Hynix, the second largest memory chip maker. SKTA’s core activities includes technology incubation (Innopartners), corporate venture investments (CVC) and corporate development. Area of strategic interests spans across a broad spectrum of core technology segments – AI, Communications, Semiconductor, Cloud, Big Data, Blockchain, IoT, Mobility, Cybersecurity, more.
SKTA is looking to add a key member to the venture investment and business development team. He/she will play a central role in sourcing and evaluating new opportunities, building investment theses, executing transactions in a timely manner, as well as supporting current portfolio companies.
- Source, identify and analyze new investment opportunities by working with the Innopartners together to expand its co-investment and corporate partner ecosystems (VCs, CVCs, Accelerators, Incubators, CXOs, Subject Matter Experts);
- Lead efforts in due diligence on potential investment opportunities; Prepare investment memo where fits;
- Develop investment theses and deep dive on specific technology areas with subject matter experts;
- Perform research and analysis of new markets, technologies, competitive landscape, and share findings with investment team;
- Execute new and/or follow-on financings, including deal structuring and financial modeling;
- Assist / support portfolio companies from business strategy, financial review, to investors, partners and customers introduction;
- Engage with the entrepreneurial community, strategic corporate partners and represent SKTA;
- Work closely with all members of the SKTA team;
- Assist in coordinating annual tech event (e.g. Demo Day);
- At least 7-10 years of work experience, preferably directly in venture capital and/or corporate development;
- Strong academic credentials, technical / graduate degrees preferred;
- Technical and operating experience in high growth startups will also be considered;
- Ability to multi-task and desire to work in an unstructured small group environment;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Fluency with data manipulation, financial models, cap tables and presentations
- Familiarity and passion for core technologies;
- Must be a self-starter, solutions oriented, comfortable working with minimal oversight and taking on new tasks on-demand/as needed. We are looking for candidates that are curious, eager to understand how evolving industries create opportunities for new technologies and to imagine which business models will thrive in those future markets;
Location of the position is in Sunnyvale, CA.
If interested, please apply here.