Manulife:(Linkedin, Crunchbase) Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.Reporting to the Head of Investments, the key responsibility of this position is to assist the Head of Investment in managing the alternative assets portfolio such as Real Estate, Mortgages and new asset types to be added going forward.
The position interfaces with the Global & Regional Investment Team, external fund managers, bankers, and senior management of the company.In this role you will oversee the investment process of alternative assets from initial assessment to making recommendation to the investment committee and Board, on-going performance monitoring and regular reporting or updates to the management of the Company.
- Analyze investment opportunities, formulate a strategy, and execute a plan.
- Work closely with the regional team to manage a pipeline of deals, negotiate terms, and close deals.
- Provide regular updates to the Investment Committee & Board.
- Build a well-diversified alternative asset portfolio over time.
- Perform all other tasks as assigned
- Analyse and assess investment opportunities in the space of alternative assets especially Real Estate and Mortgages.
- Possess good understanding of risk-based capital regulation that is applicable to insurance company.
- Contribute views and create ideas that enhance the portfolio performance.
- Implement best practices, procedures and standards in managing the assets.
- Work with regional investment team to expand the investable universe and onboard new alternative asset types.
- Possess a relevant degree in economics/finance/accounting.
- CFA qualification is preferred.
- At least 10 year of relevant working experience with minimum 5 years in the investment division of an insurance company.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers’ needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
If interested, please apply here.