“… We’re on the cusp of one of the most exciting periods in the technology industry, and the semiconductor roadmap, the silicon device, and the industry of capital equipment. Lam Research, specifically, is right at the center of making that possible.” -Martin Anstice, CEO Lam Research
Imagine working on the front lines of innovation! As one of the semiconductor industry’s leading suppliers of wafer fabrication equipment and services, our technology depends on finding and hiring the best and the brightest employees. We know that our dynamic, global team of exceptional employees is essential to our continued growth.
Lam Research – Where Successful People Want To Work
We are a company comprised of people who work hard, deliver outstanding results and maintain a sense of humor during even the most challenging times. This is truly a rare opportunity. Lam Research is a market leader where our core values are not just words on the back of your badge. Given the criticality of this role to Lam Research’s success, this philosophy starts with you.Role: Lam Research is located in Fremont, CA. We are seeking a Sr. Manager to work directly with the Director of Genomics and Emerging Businesses. Candidates with sufficient experience and a proven track record in the areas of Life Sciences, genomics and molecular profiling will be considered.
- Assisting in technical assessment and strategic development activities relating to venture investments in the genomics and life sciences space. Specifically, the individual will work to:
- Perform technical due diligence on companies operating in the ‘omics space, including evaluating scientific relevance of the platform technology and overall fit to Lam Capital’s portfolio.
- Identify, source, evaluate and monitor new investment prospects in genomics and molecular profiling, with a focus on evaluating technical feasibility
- Drive competitive analysis activities and identify technical differentiators across prospective candidate companies within their industries.
- Monitor emerging trends in the genomics and molecular profiling space and communicate findings to management
- Assist in researching key markets/market segments in genomics and healthcare
- Present clear and concise written and oral reports to colleagues and management, lead and/or participate in technical meetings, and provide recommendations based on findings.
- Assist with overall business strategy, exit events and general support of portfolio companies.
- PhD in biological sciences or biochemistry from top tier university – to facilitate deep technical expertise – PhD in genetics, molecular biology, biochemistry or organic chemistry preferred
- 5+ years work experience in the life sciences sector (product development experience or hands-on technical experience driving activities across assay design/development, bio-molecule detection, extraction and bioinformatics are a plus) – Recent graduates will not be considered.
- Deep technical knowledge in genomics and life sciences, including an in-depth understanding of biological processes and systems.
- Demonstrated analytical ability with solid math, statistics, chemistry and data analysis skills, and attention to detail.
- Prior experience as an Analyst or Associate in related field VC/PE, investment bank and or Consulting is not required but a plus
- Demonstrated ability to overcome technical challenges in a fast-paced, commercial environment within an interdisciplinary team setting.
- Highly motivated, self‐starter, able to identify new opportunities, initiate projects and work independently under aggressive deadlines
- Ability to understand/simplify technical/scientific information and distil it down into relevant facts
- Passion for identifying promising high‐growth businesses
- Track record of working on successful teams in a highly collaborative environment; excellent personal rapport and ability to engender trust and respect
If interested, please apply here.