innogy Ventures is looking for an experienced and well-connected Senior Investment Manager / Associate (m/f) with a strong VC background. Our focus at innogy Ventures is on sourcing and growing later stage start-ups for our investment portfolio in close collaboration with the innogy Innovation Hub.
We are planning to extend our team in SILICON VALLEY / BAY AREA, USA.
Your main responsibility will be to ensure a proper investment process and deal management including the management of all relevant stakeholders. You will work very closely with our team based in Germany and colleagues from the innogy Inovation Hub in the US. Your tasks include: deal sourcing, negotiations with founders and start-ups, commercial analysis and assessments, due diligence and contract negotiations.
For innogy Ventures you will be *THE* deal expert on the ground in the US and for our colleagues in the innogy Innovation Hub you will be a trusted advisor and point of contact for the entire scope of the deal process.
- Developing and maintaining a network for investment opportunities
- Analysing and assessing Investment opportunities
- Shaping transactions, so must have extensive knowledge of commercial and legal structuring
- Performing financial and commercial analysis and due diligence, financial modeling
- Structuring investments and coordinating external advisors
- Leading execution in joint effort with our team in Germany and in consultation with the Leadership Team of innogy Ventures
- Preparing documentation for decision making in our relevant governing bodies (Investment Committee)
- Active monitoring of portfolio companies
- Reviewing financial and other information received from portfolio companies
- Being an active part in management of portfolio companies
- Take active part in preparing and structuring exits out of investments
- Substantial experience from a reputable Venture Capital fund or advisory firm with deal and transaction experience is imperative, ideally in the US market
- Excellent academic record in economics or natural sciences with additional business qualifications
- Team player with excellent communication skills and a strong personal presence; ability to work in teams with different cultural backgrounds and personalities
- Commercial mind-set with excellent analytical competence, showing initiative and taking on responsibility
- Venture Capital / Private Equity experience for 3-5 years
- Strong experience / knowledge of IT OR Digital Ventures market preferred
- Excellent project management, financial analysis and modeling skills
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment to plan and manage a variety of projects and meet deadlines
- Commercial Insight
- Ability to thrive under ambiguity and demonstrate creativity and intellectual flexibility in an uncertain and rapidly changing environment
- Fluent English is required; additional language skills are desirable
innogy Ventures is the venture capital investor related to the innogy Innovation Hub. Our investment focus is on innovative and digital business models in North America, Europe and Israel which aim at sustainable transformation in areas such as Future Energy, IoT, Urban Solution and Customer Engagement. The available capital for investments is EUR 130m. innogy Ventures and the innogy Innovation Hub are dedicated to their investments and support their portfolio companies with comprehensive market knowledge, support in business development and offer a link to the widespread innogy network and relevant market participants.
If interested, please apply here.