For the innogy Innovation hub hosted by innogy Innovation GmbHAt the innogy Innovation Hub, we drive game-changing ideas that can revolutionise an existing business model or industry permanently. Using a portfolio approach, we invest in start-ups that have already demonstrated their value in the market and have the potential for exponential growth, with the innogy Innovation Hub as their partner of choice.
The Innovation Hub has four geographical centres of gravity in Berlin, London, Silicon Valley and Tel Aviv. These locations enable us to engage with highly relevant innovation ecosystems and be present in areas where business models are being rethought and cutting-edge technologies are being developed and deployed. We focus on ‘Machine Economy’, ‘Smart & Connected’, ‘Disruptive Digital’ and ‘Cyber Ventures’.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
As (Senior) Performance Manager you work with multiple sites, help others understand financial decisions and are *the* trusted business advisor. You employ every facet of data and communication to ensure our partners and (our) leaders have the most up to date and reliable information to help them make the best possible decision.
Our finance department is focused on 3 main topics around investing in start-ups and new ventures.
- Providing transparency and management insights about financial performance of innogy innovation and its participations
- Financial due diligences, business modelling and/or structuring and participation management of early and growth investments
- Educating and guiding innovation leaders and employees, in basic skills about performance management, business modelling and structuring etc.
- Performance management for our participations which includes investment controlling and portfolio management
- Continues organisational and processual improvements within our business
- Financial analysis of markets, technologies and strategies
- Financial due diligence
- Financial analysis and evaluation of investment proposals and qualifying of investment proposals (4 eyes principle)
- Recommendation to Team of 4 (Leadership of innogy Innovation Hub), Investment Committee or Board of innogy SE
- Provide trainings and guidance for leaders and employees about basic skills of performance management, business modelling and structuring etc.
- Represent our company internally and externally to all stakeholders of the innovation ecosystems as well as in innogy group ecosystem
- At least 2-3 years of working experience in Investment Banking, Financial Consulting or controlling
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Economics, Mathematics or similar discipline with strong analytical bias
- Proven familiarity with concepts of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Strong Business Sense and excellent communication skills, working with multiple peer groups and levels of management
- Ability to think out of the box, proactive and comfortable with taking the initiative
- Proven ability to manage new ideas and creative solutions combined with the ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads
- Highly analytical, detail oriented and advanced problem solving and root cause analysis
- Experience in working with data mining and reporting tools and other financial systems
- Used to work in an innovative, very dynamic and fast-paced environment
- International experience and expert knowledge or relevant insights are a plus
- Familiar with lean start-up and agile methods
- Fluent in English and German, Dutch would be an advantage
If interested, please apply here.