Cox Enterprises has a rich 120-year history of building industry-leading businesses that are rooted in the mission to leave the world in a better place for the next generation. To continue to build upon this legacy, Cox Cleantech was formed in 2018 to explore new growth opportunities in clean, resource efficient businesses.
The mission of Cox Cleantech is to design, validate and execute a growth strategy by investing in those companies that operate at the intersection of people, planet and profit. The long-term measure of success for this group is the creation of a multi-billion-dollar revenue platform that can stand alongside our existing lines of business.
The small, but growing team assembled to build Cox Cleantech is high-performing, diverse and agile. We share a passion for our mission and for working as a team to develop creative, fact-based solutions to complex and ambiguous questions. Cox Cleantech offers a truly unique challenge, team and opportunity to grow.
- Source minority investment and acquisition targets through direct outreach, investment bankers and other sources
- Assist in the development and management of pipeline of target
- Participate in the execution of investment processes, such as coordinating and tracking diligence activities including participating in management and customer calls/visits
- Manage the financial modeling and valuation of prospective investment opportunities; support the team during deal structuring/negotiations; work with legal counsel and other boundary partners as required
- Prepare detailed investment committee materials
- Manage the transaction documentation, signing / closing processes
- Develop investment memoranda and present investment rational to senior management
- Monitor portfolio companies; assist with strategic, operational and financial initiatives; serve in a board observer capacity as needed
- Manage the reporting processes for transactions and portfolio company performance
- Mentor and support senior analyst development
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, Accounting, or related fields; Master’s degree and CPA are preferred.
- 5+ years of experience, including 2-3 years of direct investing experience
- Financial analysis and modeling experience
- Exceptional written and oral presentation skills; ability to present concisely and with detail
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to executive leadership
- Strong organizational skills; must be able to manage and prioritize multiple business objectives and projects with the proper sense of urgency
- Strong business acumen
- Overall track record of success (both professionally and academically)
- Highly collaborative, team-player
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong relationship‐building and networking skills
About Cox Enterprises
Cox Enterprises is a leading communications, media and automotive services company. The company’s major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications (cable television distribution, high-speed Internet access, telephone, home security and automation, commercial telecommunications and advertising solutions); Cox Automotive (automotive-related auctions, financial services, media and software solutions); and Cox Media Group (television and radio stations, digital media, newspapers and advertising sales rep firms).
The company’s major national brands include Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book and Manheim. Through Cox Automotive, the company’s international operations stretch across Asia, Australia, Europe and Latin America. To learn more about Cox’s commitment to people, sustainability and our communities, please visit http://www.CoxCSRReport.com .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
If interested, please apply here.