The primary purpose of this position is to support and lead execution of a broad variety of strategic transactions including mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, IP/Technology licenses, partnerships, and minority investments. The team works closely with executive leaders and teammates across all functions of the business, including R&D, Legal, Finance, Operations, and the Divisions.
- Lead Corporate Development initiatives, taking ownership over valuation, structure, due diligence, negotiation, and closing.
- Perform detailed financial analyses including valuation models of potential transactions, alternative structures, & comparable transactions.
- Lead and coordinate formal due diligence, identifying and cross-functionally resolving key issues
- Coordinating the preparation and negotiation definitive agreements
Develop and present summary documents, presentations, and detailed financial analyses to senior management
- Maintaining Corporate Development pipeline and process
- Ensure that adequate resources are available to support initiatives and are coordinated within New Ventures and the organization.
- Support other projects (e.g., tracking of prior investments, post-deal management, etc.) and other administrative tasks to enhance the group’s connectivity with organization
- Identify and understand unmet patient, market, technology and business needs
- Ensure execution of projects within budget and proposed time line.
- Implement policies, programs and directives of senior management.
- Interview, select, manage performance, and mentor team members
- Foster and maintain a workplace culture respectful and supportive of individual differences in an orderly, sanitary, & safe working environment.
- Must work and interact effectively and professionally with and for others throughout various levels of the global organization
- Must maintain company quality and performance standards, including regular, punctual attendance and strict adherence to safety requirements
- Must have effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work in collaborative and independent work situations and environments with minimal supervision.
- Ability to remain calm and receptive in fast paced situations
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering or Science (preferred), Business, Economics or Finance; MBA required
- 10 years of experience with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in corporate development, investment banking, venture capital, management consulting or other related role
- Previous medical device experience required
- Senior Associate/Senior Manager level experience from M&A group at a leading investment bank, corporate development department, or comparable experience preferred
- Sound administrative skills and well-developed management skills
- Knowledge and understanding of human anatomy, medicine and/or medical devices
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without
- Majority of work is performed in a normal office environment
- Ability to travel regionally to interact with R&D teams, researchers, business partners and healthcare providers
If interested, please apply here.