We are BBVA, a global bank with more than 73 million customers and a footprint that extends across more than 30 countries. We work to help people make the best financial decisions and bring the age of opportunity to everyone. We are guided by our values: the customer comes first, we think big and we are one team. BBVA is on a mission to be the world’s #1 digital bank and is building the foremost digital banking franchise worldwide.
BBVA’s New Digital Businesses (NDB) team is a global business unit that is disrupting the banking and financial services industry by investing in, partnering with, building, and acquiring fintech start-ups. With offices in Madrid, San Francisco, Hong Kong and London, NDB is a key piece of BBVA’s global innovation initiative. Through NDB, BBVA has acquired Simple (US), Holvi (Finland), and Openpay (Mexico). It owns a substantial stake in Atom (UK). It invests in fintechs like Prosper, Personal Capital, and Coinbase through its venture capital arm, Propel Venture Partners. And it is incubating a number of cutting-edge fintech start-ups including Azlo (SMB banking), Denizen (banking for expats), Covault (digital identity), Tuyyo (real time remittances), Upturn (credit improvement), and Muno (insurtech). Visit us at https://www.bbva.com/ndb/
The New Digital Business team’s goal is to drive a step-change in BBVA’s digital business. We aim to serve our customers through their entire financial life and provide them with digital experiences and products they love. Our Business Development and New Ventures team works to ideate, incubate and commercialize innovative new digital businesses.
The Senior Manager, NDB New Ventures San Francisco will play a key role in supporting the strategic and operational needs of the NDB New Ventures as we drive a portfolio of new ventures from ideation to commercialization.
- Drive venture creation process, manage business development efforts, and lead project management function and monitoring of the portfolio of new businesses.
- Lead specific strategy and operational workstreams: support and advise Venture Directors and Entrepreneurs-in- Residence to create new business models, conduct opportunity assessments, and prepare investment memoranda for senior leadership approval and seed funding.
- Participate in strategy sessions, research distillation and technology assessments to form a coherent synthesis of the business opportunity and determine KPIs for Alpha and Beta versions of new products.
- Work closely with the Venture Creation, Legal, Compliance, Tax, Audit, , Market Development, Corporate Development, Design, Marketing and Product teams to ensure successful implementation of new businesses
- Improve and strengthen existing processes and communication between the NBD market development and new ventures teams
- Develop and codify New Venture Creation playbook: document best practices and processes from ideation to investment committee to build / incubation
- 2-5 years of strategy consulting, business operations, and/or start-up experience within digital, technology or financial services.
- Bachelors degree required, MBA or post-graduate degree highly preferred
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity.
- Proven superior analytical skills and attention to detail, including financial modeling.
- Experience developing materials on short notice for an executive audience and synthesizing complex issues into clear business decisions.
- Experience working in a global, multicultural and/or international environments
If interested, please apply here.