Applied Ventures, LLC is the venture capital arm of Applied Materials, Inc., (NASDAQ: AMAT), the global leader in nanomanufacturing technology solutions for the electronics industry with a broad portfolio of innovative equipment, service, and software products. At Applied Materials, we apply nanomanufacturing technology to improve the way people live.
Applied Ventures invests in early-stage technology companies that promise to deliver high growth and exceptional returns. Our charter is to profitably invest in companies that provide a window on technologies that advance or complement Applied Materials’ core expertise. Our investments help develop technologies and markets that provide natural extensions to Applied Materials’ core business and stimulate the growth of applications for semiconductors, displays, energy, life sciences, and related products and services.
Applied Ventures is seeking an Investment Manager/Senior Investment Manager with life science domain expertise to make investments in startups at the intersection of advanced material engineering and life sciences. Applied Ventures has already made investments in leading life sciences startups – Twist Biosciences (NASDAQ: TWST), eXo Imaging, Ultivue, Ontera and is looking to expand its Ventures team.
- Perform analysis of identified venture opportunities including Capitalization Tables, Cash Flow, revenue projections.
- Initiate Market and Competitive Analysis.
- Review & Understand Term Sheets, MOU.
- Coordinate: IP analysis, compensation, other legal.
- Develop investment scenarios.
- Early lead discovery and pre-screening.
- Manage dynamic landscape analysis for one or more of the focus areas.
- BS, MS or Ph.D.; Life Science discipline preferred.
- MBA + 1 – 3 years’ experience in Business Operations or Venture Capital
- Strong network in startup, venture, and life sciences community is necessary
- Experience in life sciences startups, consulting, banking, corporate business development is a plus
Doctorate Degree – Life Sciences, Master’s Degree – Business Administration
If interested, please apply here.