- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years experience in corporate development, investment banking, or venture investing in a corporate or financial services environment
- History of successfully completing high-impact negotiations and transactions
- Proven ability to communicate effectively (oral and written) to influence a range of teams and executive leaders across multiple businesses.
- Experience with Sustainability and CleanTech sectors
Amazon is seeking a senior Corporate Development leader who will be responsible for a new initiative focused on investing in Sustainability and CleanTech companies as part of Amazon’s Climate Pledge Fund. The role also involves a significant amount of Business Development, Product Management, Program Management, and Marketing to help portfolio companies leverage the resources of Amazon to accelerate their growth. The selected candidate will be part of a small team responsible for originating, executing, and supporting investments and partnerships in this space. This position is based in Seattle.
The selected candidate will act as a primary contact in supporting Corporate Development and senior leadership by conducting industry research, valuation analyses, due diligence, creation of strategic documents/recommendations, investment term sheets and contract negotiations, and both internal and external relationship building. He or she will also own ongoing engagement with portfolio companies and their interactions with Amazon and will build a robust network inside Amazon to help communicate the importance of startups to Amazon’s objectives with the Climate Pledge.
- Identify appropriate opportunities through interaction with senior business leaders, entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, investment bankers, and organic pipeline generation
- Partner with business units to evaluate and drive internal thinking on sustainability-related initiatives
- Act as a subject matter expert on deal structuring
- Evaluate opportunities and risks in potential investments
- Lead all pre-transaction diligence efforts and transaction execution
- Manage relationships with portfolio companies and work closely with the CEOs/founders pre- and post-investment to open up business development opportunities for the companies with Amazon
- Collaborate with internal Amazon teams to identify emerging use-cases, evangelize portfolio companies, and align roadmaps
- 10+ years experience in corporate development, investment banking, or venture investing in a corporate or financial services environment
- Experience in business development or product management
- Experience working with or at early-stage and growth companies, Accelerators/Incubators, and/or venture capital firms
- Bias for action and ability to work independently with ambiguity toward stated goals with minimal oversight
If interested, please apply here.