The Senior Director, Strategic Ventures supports venture acceleration activities under the direct supervision of the AVP, Strategic Service Lines.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Includes the Following:
- Understands and adheres to the WPH Performance Standards, Policies and Behaviors.
- Conducts investment analyses on portfolio companies.
- Manages due diligence and valuation of startups with which we propose to partner and subsequent deal structures for sweat equity/royalties.
- Drafts due diligence packages for Board review and preparing Board presentations.
- Project manages portfolio companies to ensure milestones are met by working with operational leads.
- Creates and manages operational dashboards to ensure operational impact of technologies is being achieved.
- Creates and manages investment dashboard to ensure operational impact of technologies is being achieved.
- Manages external vendors, e.g. legal counsel, software developers, etc.
- Establishes and manages curriculum for inside-out ideation and product development.
- Establishes and manages process for internal applicants.
- Facilitates accelerator workshops for WPH inside-out tech transfer and providing feedback to participants.
- Works with operational leads on proof of concept/product testing.
- Manages policies, procedures, and processes for tech transfer/commercialization of intellectual property.
- Plans and implements company formation for commercially viable ideas.
- Oversees company formation for commercially viable ideas.
- Assists with due diligence and business planning for WPPA acquisitions
- Conducts market research to support service line strategy and growth
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements
Requires Master’s degree in business administration, finance, or related discipline.
If interested, please apply here.