The Senior New Ventures Director will support business planning, partner engagement and investment efforts around new areas of growth for Cox Automotive Mobility Solutions (CAMS) portfolio in order to increase the value of its businesses and brands.
Specifically, this position will: 1) support development of partnerships and strategic relationships, 2) source and support investments in strategic focus areas, 3) collaborate with and support business partnerships across CAMS through development and financial analysis.
Responsibilities include definition and maintenance of our future state vision against an internal/external fact base within each focus area to measure impacts to the portfolio and define new business initiatives and revenue opportunities.
- Participate as a key member of the VP, New Ventures and Business Development direct and cross-functional team of key stakeholders across the business units
- Manage team members and vendors assigned to new ventures projects. Work as an integrated, highly collaborative member of CAMS.
- Engaging Business Units + Clients
o Partner with key stakeholders of core business units and clients to provide insights on emerging business models and technologies to inform strategies that lead to external solutions to immediate & long term challenges.
o Partner with key stakeholders on new growth partnerships, competitive landscape and execution of new business development relationships
- Structuring Traditional and Non-Traditional, Strategic Partnerships
o Leverage a collaborative innovation model to develop partnerships with strategic, entrepreneurial, academic and enterprise level organizations that will build knowledge, influence strategy and create new business opportunities in adjacencies to our core businesses.
o Build out relationships across the mobility ecosystem that may include mobility operators, technology companies, OEM innovation teams, service providers, an fixed facility providers
o Manage ongoing stakeholder map of both internal and external partners
- Seeding Emerging Models + Technologies
o Support CAMS strategic resource and financial investments into early stage companies to gain exposure to early stage innovations
o Collaborate closely with current and potential investment partners and platforms.
- Foundational Activities Supporting the Above
o Build and maintain strong relationships with entrepreneurs, investors and corporate innovation arms to build our external networks
o Source and identify attractive investment and partnership opportunities
o Manage internal database of companies and interactions
o Support and activate the CAMS portfolio of investments and partnerships
o Support business development efforts across Cox Automotive operating groups and Cox Enterprises’ corporate development teams as relevant to mobility
o Interact and build relationships with colleagues at Cox Automotive and its affiliate companies – be the internal evangelist for mobility solutions
- Experience: 10+ years of professional experience, predominantly in a financial, strategic planning or business development capacity. Successful track record in corporate innovation or start-up business and mobility related ventures, including leadership experience preferred.
- Knowledge: Knowledge of strategic planning, innovation methods and business model design, market research, pricing, contract negotiations and analysis techniques and tools.
- Skills: Excellent forecasting skills. Strong analytical and research skills. Concise and clear verbal and written communication skills. Strong business development skills.
o Demonstrable ability to perform quantitative and qualitative analysis necessary to define market
opportunities and evaluate emerging technology and business models
o Experience developing and structuring enterprise level partnerships
o Experience in the evaluation and execution of business development deals and a general understanding of equity investing
o Established network with venture capitalists, entrepreneurs and corporate innovation arms
o Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
o Passion for new, disruptive technologies and business models
o Intellectual curiosity and relentless commitment to excellence
o Excels working in a self-directed manner within a dynamic, unstructured environment
o Proven experience developing your own path
o Positive attitude, self-starter and natural collaborator
If interested, please apply here.