If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Financial discipline and accountability count more today than ever. Which is why your performance and innovation will find a reception here like nowhere else as you help people live healthier lives while doing your life’s best work.(sm)
UnitedHealth Group (“UHG”), a Fortune 5 healthcare company, has the largest and most active corporate development team in the country. The group is responsible for executing inorganic growth initiatives across the enterprise including acquisitions, investments, strategic partnerships, and joint ventures.
- Since 2010, the Corporate Development team has deployed over $30 billion of capital on 230 acquisitions, making it the most active strategic acquirer globally in healthcare.
- The team consists of over 50 experienced M&A professionals with backgrounds in private equity, investment banking, and venture capital.
Corporate Development works closely with the various business leaders as a strategic partner, completing innovative projects, strategic partnerships as well as serving as an incubator for business initiatives.
M&A Senior Associates play a meaningful role in our M&A transaction process. M&A Senior Associates prepare and review financial models (DCF, LBO, three statement models, financial bridges) and other complex analyses, as well as actively participate / lead financial and operational due diligence.
Candidates should have the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously and possess strong communication skills with the ability to coordinate multiple diligence teams. M&A Senior Associates have the opportunity to provide mentoring and guidance to junior team members in a collaborative fast-paced environment.
- Educate self with broad business acumen relevant to future of business
- Conduct due diligence and analysis that leads to business rational supportive of core business values
- Create narrative that is compelling, data driven and aligned to business goals
- Articulate point of view in a consumable way
- Be self-critical, accurate and realistic while working to align present and future development needs
- Undergraduate Degree in Business, Mathematics, Economics, Finance or Accounting (with strong grade point average)
- 4+ years of comparable work experience in Investment Banking, Private Equity, Transaction Advisory, or Corporate Development Comprehensive understanding and application of valuation methodologies and financial statement analysis
- Comprehensive understanding and application of M&A due diligence
- Leadership experience
- Strong Excel and financial modeling skills
- Willingness to work extended hours, including evenings and weekends
If interested, please apply here.