As an Associate you will help build the next amazing batch of startups, as they grow from early stage to venture-backed companies. From entrepreneurs, to investors, to mentors, your network is about to explode. You will have the opportunity to sit in on mentor meetings – get to know the best entrepreneurs and investors in the city, up close and personally. You will also have access to full involvement in Techstars social events with the founders and local community.
It’s basically a chance to get amazing experience, broaden your network in ways you could never imagine, get exposure to some of the greatest up and coming companies and teams in the country. Historically, most associates end up being employed by one of the teams or by someone they met during the span of the three months. Many also go on to build their own companies.
General Job Description
Along with the Program Manager, the Senior Associate is tasked with the success of a particular Techstars program. This opportunity affords high visibility and responsibility as the Senior Associate works side by side with a prominent Managing Director and Program Manager, helping early stage companies through the Techstars mentorship driven accelerator model.
The Senior Associate will have autonomy and discretion over decisions that are critical to the accelerator program’s success. This role is responsible for the planning and execution of the program from the pre-program stage and throughout the duration of the program. Project management experience as well as familiarity with the early stage venture backed company ecosystem is preferred. A willingness to learn and comfort tackling new problems is a must.
This role is a temporary, full time, paid position.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Engage with Techstars founders and plan activities, meetings, and events that drive them toward success
- Manage relationships with mentors
- Recruit and manage 2-10 contractors
- Innovate our current practices and execute upon outlined content and curriculum of the program
- Calendar management (mentors, talks, events, general programming)
- Plan various events throughout the program (Founder stories, weekly meetings, Demo Day, influential speakers)
- Represent Techstars in local community, both actively and passively
- 3-5 years in fast-paced project or program management focused position
- Strong interest in the discourse around technology, startups, entrepreneurship, venture capital
- Proven attention to detail through prior work or life experience
- Experience in event planning and event logistics
- Comfortable with a variety of responsibilities – Senior Associates make investments and wipe down tables!
- Comfortable with a minimal amount of direction but high expectations
- Fits the Techstars culture (people-oriented, adaptable, supportive, creative)
- Currently live in Denver or would be willing to live here for the duration of the program
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, MBA preferred
- Dirk Lehmann – Techstars Associate Programme: The Better Startup MBA?
- Kelly McDonald – Learn More Faster
- Duc Luan Dam – Luan, do you ever sleep? (Being an Associate at Techstars part 1)
If interested, please apply here.