The Associate will be focused on financial modeling, researching and evaluating financial and strategic issues involving joint ventures and mergers and acquisitions. As an integral member of the business development team, the Associate will work closely with senior leadership and various corporate departments to facilitate company growth through investment.
Select Medical’s business development team is responsible for driving the company’s long-term growth strategy through joint venture investments and acquisitions. The team proactively sources new joint venture opportunities, executes on M&A transactions and actively manages venture capital investments.
- Conducts company/health system due diligence and analytics on key strategic markets.
- Provides financial analysis, excel modeling, and valuation associated with potential partnerships and M&A deals.
- Helps maintain business relationships with current partners and engaged potential partners.
- Assists in deal execution and coordination between key internal and external stakeholders.
- Analyzes the healthcare market to identify relevant potential targets that can be generated through M&A transactions.
- Makes recommendations to senior management by preparing detailed proposals and participating in presentations to senior management.
- Monitors all results of M&A deals to ensure quality and identify improvements moving forward.
- Analyzes financial opportunities and risks associated with M&A deals.
- Requires a BA or BS in Finance, Economics, Accounting, or related field of study.
- Requires 2-3 years in corporate finance, investment banking, management consulting, or another similar field.
- Preferred Masters in Finance or MBA.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and prioritization abilities.
- Strong financial modeling and valuation proficiency.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills including face-to-face, verbal, and written communication.
- Individual must have strong problem-solving skills, meticulous attention to detail, and the ability to use judgment and resourcefulness in this role.
If interested, please apply here.