Samsung Ventures America (SVA) is the US office for Samsung’s venture investment activities. The primary responsibilities of the group are to source, qualify, and invest in technology companies. We invest in companies at all stages, from early-stage startups to pre-IPO companies. Currently, the group has over $1.8B under management and invests $250M annually.
This is an investor track position that will expose the Senior Associate to a high level of deal flow. Key responsibilities are to perform market research and support investment theses, with a focus on technologies related to our Device Solutions business unit. Investment areas include cloud and data center, semiconductor technologies and equipment, data storage, artificial intelligence and sensing and computing for autonomous vehicles.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support investment managers with the entire investment process from conducting due diligence to closing the deals, and managing portfolio companies
- Identify emerging technologies and companies of interest to Samsung Ventures for early, mid, and late stage investments
- Map investment trends, help develop investment themes, generate research reports and build and maintain a pipeline of companies
- Participate in industry events to network with VCs and startups to support deal flow, and to support Samsung Ventures’ visibility within the investor and entrepreneurial ecosystem
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years of experience in a field related to our areas of investment, or experience in venture capital, or MBA
- EE/CS education preferred
- Previous exposure to market research
- Knowledge in emerging technologies and business models
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Bilingual in Korean/English preferred