The Digital Innovation Group (DIG) at Providence Health & Services is a small but mighty product development and incubation team that is building next-gen tools that give patients convenient and easy access to healthcare virtually anywhere, anytime.
We are seeking a Venture Capital Senior Associate to source new, early stage investments, including meeting with founders and entrepreneurs, attend relevant conferences and networking events, and call on new prospects. This position will provide all facets of analysis and assessment of potential venture capital investments.
In This Position You Will Have The Following Responsibilities
- Develop financial models relating to financings, restructurings, valuation analyses and liquidity events
- Perform due diligence such as customer and management references, market sizing and mapping, and industry research, competitive analysis and ultimately forming a viewpoint on the investment opportunity.
- Craft investment memoranda and presentation materials for the partnership, to include developing and refining presentation themes, data gathering and synthesis, and constructing professional presentation materials.
- Work with portfolio companies to enhance operations and performance, report on portfolio company’s performance and supporting them on ad hoc projects.
- Create processes and infrastructures to help our venture process scale.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- A bachelor of science degree in engineering or other technical major that may be complemented by an MBA or PhD from a well-regarded institution.
- Strong entrepreneurial experience in launching a tech start up
- 4-5 years of experience gained from functional and industry experience in strategy consulting, healthcare investment banking, venture capital, corporate innovation, technology incubators, or health care startups
- A small but growing team – we’re good at what we do and enjoy working together.
- Autonomy and respect from day one
- An environment that is scrappy, flexible, and values tenacity
- Great pay
- Generous vacation, benefits, flexible work, and matched 403b
- The best tools money can buy
You’ll be surrounded by a team of people who have transformed industries and have come to Providence to transform health care delivery. You will have the best of both worlds- the exhilaration of an incubation organization paired with the resources and security of an industry healthcare leader.
As employees of the Providence Digital Innovation Group, we passionately serve the people of our community. We are dedicated to removing obstacles that limit access to quality health care and enabling people to live healthier lives.
If interested, please apply here.