Point72 Ventures is the early-stage venture capital strategy funded exclusively by Steve Cohen and eligible employees of Point72. We invest in entrepreneurs who are transforming the economy through advances in financial technology , artificial intelligence and cyber security & enterprise infrastructure.
About Point AI Ventures Practice:
Our AI team specifically identifies and invests in early-stage companies that are catalyzing this transformation by solving hard AI, ML, and data problems. To-date we’ve made investments in high-growth, AI-driven companies changing industries such as financial services, logistics, transportation, and manufacturing.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a high-energy Senior Associate to help identify and source early stage investments in world-class, data-driven startups. We are technical investors that like to dive deep on verticals where we believe AI can be transformative, and rigorous analysis is core to our strategy. We expect Senior Associates to thoroughly investigate themes by talking to companies, identifying domain experts for us to speak with, performing market analysis, and testing assumptions.
- Build market maps of startups operating within sub-sectors of the AI landscape
- Understand basic technical underpinnings of sub-sectors within the AI landscape
- Network into entrepreneurs, academics, and investors in order to gain access to companies
- Conduct first meetings to screen companies for meetings with Partners
- Develop and articulate an opinion on AI sub-sectors
- Conduct due-diligence and market validation for companies in deal pipeline
- Experience working at a high-growth technology startup and/or large technology-driven enterprise
- Some investment banking, corporate development, venture capital, or management consulting experience is preferred
- Demonstrated academic excellence (BA/BS required, MBA or MS preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to build strong connections with founders, influencers, and engineers
- Be inquisitive and analytical through gathering and synthesizing information, having the ability to analyze situations, draw appropriate conclusions and make value-added recommendations
- Passion for artificial intelligence, machine learning, and related technologies
We take care of our people
We invest in our people, their careers, their health, and their well-being. We want you to concentrate on success and leave the rest to us. When you work here, we provide:
- Fully-paid health care benefits
- Mental and physical wellness programs
- Tuition assistance
- A 401(k) savings program with an employer match and more
If interested, please apply here.