Touchdown Ventures is expanding its team and is hiring a venture capital senior associate with a pharmaceutical focus to join the Philadelphia area office. The candidate will work closely with the leadership team at Touchdown and be responsible for a variety of investment tasks with a particular emphasis on sourcing new investments, providing financial analysis and due diligence support related to new investment opportunities, and helping to manage Touchdown’s relationship with its corporate partners.
- Work with senior investment professionals to manage our corporate venture capital funds
- Source attractive investment opportunities
- Track and report on deal flow generated by our team
- Conduct research on new investment sectors of interest
- Meet with entrepreneurs and evaluate their business plans and pitches
- Perform due diligence on prospective investments, including financial analysis and model development
- Prepare presentations and associated analysis related to managing our corporate venture capital funds
Candidates should be extremely positive and flexible. You must be detail-oriented and self-starter who enjoys working in a collegial workplace. Master’s degree (MBA) with at least 6 years of work experience preferred, ideally at a venture capital firm, in professional services such as an investment bank or consulting firm, or the pharmaceutical industry, with the ability to demonstrate:
- Domain expertise in the pharmaceutical industry
- Critical thinking, including superior research and analytical ability
- Intellectual curiosity about venture capital
- Fluency with financial models and quantitative analysis
- Proactive, humble mindset; constantly seeking new approaches/improvements to processes
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills, superior PowerPoint and presentation skills
- Build relationships with entrepreneurs, investors, corporate executives, etc.
- Client management skills -interfacing, and collaborating with our corporate partners and their key stakeholders
- Ability to work in a start-up culture
Touchdown offers a highly competitive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), and paid time off.
If interested, please apply here.