Mercato Partners (LinkedIn, Crunchbase) has an industry-leading investment track record. Greg Warnock, the firm’s Managing Director is among the most prolific investors in the Intermountain West. With its largest fund now raised and actively being deployed, and a rapidly-growing and compelling growth-stage market environment, Mercato is seeking to hire a Senior Investment Professional to help broaden and deepen the investment staff and to continue to situate the firm to seize the extraordinary market opportunity ahead.
This position plays a key role in extending the firm’s investment capability and brand. The right candidate will demonstrate a capacity to, and experience in, overseeing the due diligence process, maintaining key relationships with CEOs and executives in targeted markets and in the portfolio, developing tools and materials to add value with Board of Directors, and maintaining a strong conduit between Mercato’s Performance Team and networks.
Requirements and Experience
· Significant and credible experience in one or more of the following top-tier environments is needed:
o Investment Banking
o Private Equity
o Transaction Law
o Corporate Venture Capital
o Corporate Strategy
· In addition to experience in the above settings, candidates must have a grasp of the entrepreneurial process and investment environment with an additional 5+ years of experience in a senior operational role (at least VP) in a startup or growth-stage tech company in a key business discipline (such as sales, marketing, operations, etc.)
· Candidate must be able to interface well with portfolio CEO’s and executives, other investors, Limited Partners, and Boards of Directors. Must be socially capable and persuasive with different groups and in a variety of settings. An ability to quickly garner credibility when presenting before these types of audiences is critical.
· Advanced Degree with a top-tier school.
· Undergraduate / Graduate degrees in finance, economics, or a quantitatively-centric program of study.
· Develop and execute on sourcing strategies, including working with market and geographic-specific networks, executives, and service providers to identify high firm-fit investment opportunities.
· Work cross-organizationally within the firm, and when needed identify and commission external resources, to oversee due diligence process for new Mercato Partners investment opportunities. This includes managing a highly-nuanced and complex relationship cycle during that process, and assessing due diligence findings accurately.
· Lead the key conversations with entrepreneurs to formulate agreeable investment terms, and ensure a well-formed and sustainable, long-term working relationship with entrepreneurs, CEOs, executives and Board of Directors.
· Work with Mercato Partners Performance Team members to identify highest touch and most-needed value add opportunities to impact portfolio growth and returns.
· Work closely with firm leadership to build firm, and portfolio-level, strategies that ensure highest fund returns over multiple fund cycles, including writing thought-leadership white papers, building opportunity and threat heat maps, identifying potential co-investors, and architecting portfolio company exit timing and opportunities.
· Develop valuation and sensitivity analyses; models based on market transaction and public comparables, and find the key inflection points to drive structure and strategic plans.
If interested, please apply here.