The Catalyst Funds are two structured debt funds, totaling approximately $80 million, that allow Living Cities to make impact investments that align with our impact objectives. The Senior Investment Associate would be responsible for working with the team that manages the Catalyst Funds. This is an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial individual who has transactional experience to apply their deal-making skills to generate positive returns for both investors and communities.
Living Cities, a collaborative of 18 of the world’s largest foundations and financial institutions, supports bold and promising approaches to bring opportunities and the power of mainstream markets to American Cities and residents historically left behind. Living Cities works with cross-sector leaders to build a new type of urban practice aimed at closing racial income and wealth gaps and dramatically improving the economic well-being of low-income people in cities
The Senior Associate supports the Catalyst Funds team on the following matters, including but not
- Prepare investor reporting.
- Ensure fund-level covenant compliance.
- Track cash inflows and outflows from underlying investments and lenders.
- Manage relationship with borrower on behalf of Living Cities.
- Represent Living Cities on governance committees.
- Track reporting. Monitor financial and impact performance.
- Perform regular risk assessments.
- Make recommendations related to amendments, waivers.
New Deal Origination:
- Source new transactions.
- Work with senior investment officers on negotiating, structuring, diligence.
- Perform financial analysis.
- Present new transactions to investment committee for approval.
- Work with counsel on financing agreements.
Ensure Programmatic Connections with Rest of Living Cities:
- Understand Living Cities other programs.
- Coordinate Catalyst Fund activities in a manner that leverages Living Cities other assets, including relationships.
Harvest Lessons Learned/ Thought Leadership:
- Systematically draw out lessons learned in service of Living Cities programmatic objectives.
- Share insights by writing blogs, public speaking.
This is an exciting opportunity for an analytical individual with a strong interest in impact investing. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, thrives in entrepreneurial environments and has demonstrated success conducting rigorous investment analysis.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- 3-5 years of transactional experience, ideally in commercial lending or investment banking, with formal credit training
- Comfort with financial modeling and Microsoft Excel
- Experience structuring, negotiating, and closing transactions
- Experience with complex financing agreements that involve multiple parties
- Experience with asset management
- Strong writing skills
- Execution skills: Able to produce significant volumes of high-quality work
- Good sense of humor, collaborative spirit
- An interest in Living Cities other programmatic work
If interested, please apply here.