Emerson Collective is a social change organization that uses a broad range of tools including philanthropy, impact investing, and policy solutions to create the greatest good for the greatest number of people. Established and led by Laurene Powell Jobs, we work to create new possibilities for individuals and communities. Our work is focused on advancing immigration reform, reimagining the future of high school, seeking an end to gun violence in Chicago, championing environmental justice, and accelerating cancer research and treatments.
Emerson Collective is impatient but optimistic, and bold but pragmatic in its approach. To meet the ambitious goals of its founder and growing team, Emerson Collective is seeking colleagues with both the audacity to dream up new ways to improve the world, and the determination to make them a reality.
Our small and diverse venture team is responsible for investing in mission-driven companies that are creating innovative solutions to the world’s environmental problems. We are committed to (re)designing humanity’s relationship with our natural systems so everyone can live in a healthy community with access to clean air, water and soil.
Role and Responsibilities
As a foundational hire in the venture investing team, you would play a key role in building out our investing efforts by:
- Identifying great investment opportunities
- Building relationships with founders, CEO and earlier stage investors
- Performing diligence on our target investments
- Working with our portfolio companies
- Preparing deep industry sector analysis to guide our investment strategy
- Engaging with the broader EC network to facilitate collaboration opportunities with our portfolio companies and initiatives
Qualifications, Skills, and Requirements
- Deep commitment and passion for making an impact in the environmental space
- Strong financial analysis experience and skills
- 3-5 years in investing, investment banking, strategy consulting, project management, or adjacent areas requiring rigorous quantitative skills
- Team-oriented with strong interpersonal skills and leadership experience
- High standards for accuracy, quality and integrity
- Intellectually curious and nimble
- Resourceful self-starter who takes initiative in solving problems or completing tasks
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, dynamic environment with a strong capacity for agile adaptation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong preference for a proven track record with noteworthy achievements and unique experience, optimally with a nexus to the environment
Emerson Collective is Bay Area-based organization with offices in Chicago, New York, Oakland and Washington, D.C. This position is located in Palo Alto.
The salary for this role is highly competitive and commensurate with experience. Emerson Collective offers excellent organizational benefits.
The review of applications is underway and will continue until the position is filled. Applications should consist of a letter of interest and a current resume. Applications or inquiries about the position should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consistent with federal, state, and local law, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, Veteran status, or other protected category.
If interested, please apply here.