The successful candidate will play a key role in overseeing existing programs. This position entails: making and monitoring primary, co-investment and secondary commitments; liaising with clients and assisting with reporting; and participating in fundraising. This individual will work closely with the other members of the Commonfund Capital team. Specifically, this will encompass the following:
• Undertake portfolio evaluation and analysis on managers and funds;
• Contribute to overall investment strategy, investment selection and recommendation, as well as performance monitoring and measurement of investment programs;
• Contribute significantly to co-investment and to the secondary efforts, including sourcing, diligencing, valuing, and monitoring;
• Present investment opportunities and recommendations to the Investment Committee;
• Complete analytical projects on specific investment topics and perform extensive due diligence on new potential investment firms including direct meetings and reference checks.
• Maintain contact with managers and other industry professionals;
• Oversee updates of internal databases, deal logs, models and presentations;
• Drive analytical rigor through oversight and continued development of data collection efforts, as well as generating ideas to utilize such data for manager and industry evaluation purposes;
• Provide support to the marketing team relating to private capital programs;
• Present private capital programs to staff and trustees of client institutions; and
• Supervise two associates.
Ideally, the candidate will have two to five years experience in the private capital investment business, or a closely related financial sponsor or similar business, as well as a history of success throughout their lives including in business and academia. Individuals must be intellectually curious and creative, possess exceptional judgment, a balanced ego and unquestionable integrity. The successful candidate will have a unique combination of investment acumen, personal drive and a passion for excellence that is characteristic of the Commonfund organization. The candidate will have the opportunity, and be expected, to invest in the private capital programs Commonfund organizes.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications Include:
• Four-year college degree, MBA preferred, CFA a plus.
• Demonstrated knowledge of financial markets.
• Two to five years private capital or similarly relevant investment experience preferred; if candidate does not have private capital experience then experience in a closely related field is required.
• Demonstrated interest in venture capital, or broadly technology and innovation.
• Strong accuracy and attention to details, be rigorous and can work autonomously.
• Strong analytical and modeling skills, including use of spreadsheets and databases.
• Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills; excellent communicator in both written and verbal form; exceptional ability to network and build relationships.
• Ability to complete assignments independently and follow through on extended projects
• Driven self-starter and has bias for action: ability to identify and accurately initiate solutions, set priorities and meet deadlines.
• Intellectual curiosity and avid learner who desires continuous growth.
• Experience managing junior teams.
• Willingness to travel (generally at least 25 days a year and can be significantly more than that) and work globally and seamlessly across multiple offices.
If interested, please apply here