Applied Materials (NASDAQ: AMAT) is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality, across many markets and applications. At Applied Materials, our innovations make possible the technology shaping the future.
Applied Ventures, LLC, the venture capital arm of Applied Materials, Inc., invests in early-stage technology companies that promise to deliver high growth and exceptional returns. We are actively investing in deep tech startups in AI, AR/ VR, 3D Printing, Life Sciences, Autonomous Driving, Batteries, Advanced Displays and New Materials Engineering Innovations.
As a Sr. Associate, you will be supporting investment managers and principals in deal sourcing, market assessments and financial analysis, while working closely with senior members of the investment team and business units to provide support for our portfolio companies. Strong understanding of materials science and prior investment banking, business development or VC experience in deep tech is a plus.
- Perform analysis of identified venture opportunities including: Capitalization Tables, Cash Flow, revenue projections.
- Initiate Market and Competitive Analysis.
- Review & Understand Term Sheets, MOU.
- Coordinate: IP analysis, compensation, other legal.
- Develop and propose investment scenarios and determine their impact to the venture company and AMAT and make recommendations.
- Early lead discovery and screening.
- Own dynamic landscape analysis for one or more of the focus areas.
- Demonstrates depth and/or breadth of expertise in own specialized discipline or field
- Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services
- May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity
- Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
- Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by functional policies
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view
- MBA and MS degrees are required; PhD preferred
- 4 – 7 Years of Experience
If interested, please apply here.