SJF is seeking a senior analyst or associate. This position is suited for talented and experienced individuals who are eager to develop skills in venture capital and impact investing. SJF promotes a horizontal culture in which individuals at all levels are integrated into the venture capital process.
Representative Responsibilities Will Include
The individual will be located in SJF’s New York, San Francisco Bay Area or Durham office and will work with multiple members of SJF’s investment team.
- Identifying investment prospects through research and networking at industry events, reviewing company presentations, performing due diligence on prospect companies, researching industries and competitors, and building and reviewing financial models.
- Supporting portfolio companies in business development and strategy, financing, recruitment, exit events, and impact acceleration initiatives.
- Supporting SJF’s operational activities including marketing and fund administration.
- Engaging with the SJF investment team to provide new ideas and perspectives on identifying and supporting promising impact businesses.
- Exceptional analytical abilities, which have been demonstrated through work and/or academic accomplishments.
- Demonstrated interest in venture capital and impact investing.
- Initiative and ability to work independently.
- At least two years of work experience in a relevant field, including venture capital, private equity, investment banking, entrepreneurship, management consulting or operating companies. Operating experience in one of SJF’s investment sectors a plus, but not required. Graduate school degree not required.
- Financial modeling skills.
- Background and experience that enhance diversity of perspectives at SJF Ventures.
- Interest in developing impact venture capital skills rapidly in a position that is designed to last two to three years. (Longer-term roles may be considered based on circumstances at the time.)
Apply directly at https://sjf-ventures.workable.com/jobs/1084580
SJF Ventures is an expansion-stage venture capital firm that seeks superior financial returns by investing in high-growth companies generating positive social and environmental impacts. The firm has been at the forefront of impact investing since 1999, driven by a mission to create a healthier, smarter and cleaner future.
SJF is currently investing out of SJF Ventures IV, a $125 million fund. Focus areas include clean energy, mobility, asset recovery and logistics, food, education, health and wellness, employment tech, and consumer and enterprise software. Please visit http://www.sjfventures.com for more information.
If interested, please apply here.