We are seeking exceptional candidates to join Linamar’s Corporate Development team. The role will require deep financial acumen, critical thinking, problem-solving capabilities, and a “get it done” attitude to help make strategic decisions in support of Linamar’s global strategy across its diversified global business.
Linamar’s Corporate Development Department is responsible for:
- Identifying, evaluating, planning, and executing mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, and venture investments
- Supporting co-development, product licensing, and supply arrangements with innovative new technology companies
- Coordinating and executing corporate strategic initiatives in collaboration with executive corporate leadership and Business Unit Presidents
- Working within and/or leading project teams to deliver on key corporate development initiatives that influence and set corporate strategy
Senior Analysts / Managers:
- Support transaction execution with financial, strategic, negotiation, legal, due diligence, and project management skills
- Interact with cross-functional teams of internal and external constituents to develop and complete transactions
- Manage post-transaction partner relationships to ensure proper execution of and accountability for committed deliverables
- Lead business case development for deals, which involves identifying and interfacing with the appropriate internal and external stakeholders
- Research industry and value chain dynamics and landscapes; stay current and report out on strategic news flow as it relates to key competitors and customers
To be successful, Our Senior Analysts / Managers must:
- Be self-motivated, action-oriented doers unafraid to act and make decisions in fast paced and often ambiguous contexts
- Learn quickly and think critically to understand the unique set of issues, dynamics, etc. that each project involves
- Distill complex problems efficiently, anticipate issues, and evaluate possible solutions
- Leverage sharp financial acumen and advanced Microsoft Excel skills to perform fundamental financial modelling and analysis
- Manage multiple, competing priorities, often within tight timing expectations
- Plan, manage and execute projects with quality and precision
- Effectively delegate, influence, and indirectly manage the work of others
- Communicate clearly and concisely, while appropriately tailoring messaging to each audience
- Undergraduate degree in business, finance, or related field required ; MBA or CFA designation is a plus
- 3-5 years of experience in corporate development, investment banking, private equity, venture capital, consulting, or public accounting
- Willingness and ability to travel 25% – 50% of the time when required, including on short notice & internationally
- Fluent in English; additional language skills are a plus
- Superior valuation skills, including DCF/merger modeling skills, experience with precedent transactions / public comparables, and LBO modeling a plus
- Comfortable reading and interpreting financial statements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong financial instincts and ability to perform under pressure
Candidates for positions with Linamar must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at Linamar without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law.
Linamar Corporation (TSX:LNR) is an advanced manufacturing company where the intersection of leading edge technology and deep manufacturing expertise is creating solutions that power vehicles, motion, work and lives for the future. The Company is made up of 2 operating segments – the Industrial segment and the Transportation segment, which are further divided into 5 operating groups – Skyjack, Agriculture, Machining & Assembly, Light Metal Casting and Forging, all world leaders in the design, development and production of highly engineered products. The Company’s Skyjack and MacDon companies are noted for their innovative, high quality mobile industrial and harvesting equipment, notably class-leading aerial work platforms, telehandlers, draper headers and self-propelled windrowers. The Company’s Machining & Assembly, Light Metal Casting and Forging operating groups focus on precision metallic components, modules and systems for powertrain, driveline and body systems designed for global electrified and traditionally powered vehicle and industrial markets. Linamar has 28,000 employees in 61 manufacturing locations, 10 R&D centres and 25 sales offices in 17 countries in North and South America, Europe and Asia which generated sales of $7.6 billion in 2018. For more information about Linamar Corporation and its industry leading products and services, visit http://www.linamar.com or follow us on Twitter at @LinamarCorp.
If interested, please apply here.