The Senior Investment Analyst will have primary analyst-related responsibilities for the alternative investment portfolio, including due diligence of potential new investments, tracking fund performance and other financial metrics for current holdings, dissemination of all pertinent documents to the investment, cash and investment accounting teams, such as capital calls/distributions, capital statements, financial statements and fund management updates. He/she will take an active role in investment risk management by monitoring all investment portfolios within BlackRock Solutions and Bloomberg. He/she will have an active role in monitoring and tracking manager performance for all portfolios.
As a publicly-traded company, the Senior Investment Analyst will be responsible for providing data and information to both internal and external auditors for GAAP/Stat/Department of Insurance reporting and regulatory purposes. He/she will have responsibilities for monitoring compliance of investment policy and guidelines. He/she will be responsible for assisting in the preparation of investment presentations for investment committee and board of directors meetings.
What You Will Be Doing
- Responsible for timely completion and accuracy of investment reports. Incumbent requires strong analytical skills and works closely with others in the investment and cash management department, investment accountants, financial reporting accountants, tax accountants, investment managers, custodian, auditors and consultants.
- Perform preliminary research and due diligence on new alternative investment opportunities across a variety of asset classes, including but not limited to real estate, private credit, private equity, infrastructure, opportunistic funds, structured credit, venture capital and hedge funds.
- Participate in due diligence on new investments, including the identification of key investment merits and risks, performing valuation analysis, financial models, and assisting with legal and tax reviews.
- Track existing alternative investments by undertaking various analysis on performance, monitoring financial and operating results and periodic interaction with fund managers, with accompanying support and documentation provided to internal and external auditors for GAAP and Stat audits.
- Lead daily review and analysis of risk management system, currently BlackRock Solutions and Bloomberg Analytics.
- Provide responses as needed to both internal and external auditors.
- Provide quarterly data and information as needed to satisfy requirements for GAAP and Stat audits and SEC and Department of Insurance filings.
- Lead assigned investment projects, including special data requests from rating agencies such as AM Best, S&P or Moody’s and financial forecasting and modeling as requested.
- Prepares daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual defined investment reports meeting internal and regulatory requirements.
- Analyzes monthly investment results to ensure accuracy of reported data and provides input into analysis of potential impairments within the investment portfolio.
- Maintain operation of corporate investment system, including management and coordination with IT related to system upgrades and problem resolution.
- Provide investment system training as needed.
- Maintain review and compliance of investment policies and guidelines
- Maintain critical accounting controls and documentation of critical business process to preserve data integrity, improve controls, increase efficiencies and assure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley.
- Participate in monthly calls with the investment managers and follow financial markets to keep informed about potential impacts on the investment portfolio.
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business; MBA preferred; Investment Management experience will be considered in lieu of business-related degree.
- 5-7 Years of investment experience, with emphasis on alternative investments.
- CFA and/or CAIA professional designation preferred, or progress towards completion
- Strong knowledge of investments and investment accounting, preferably with an insurance company, but not required.
- Requires strong financial analysis skills.
- Exceptional proficiency in Excel.
- Demonstrated knowledge of investment accounting systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Bloomberg or similar financial market systems and BlackRock Solutions (or similar risk management system).
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under deadline pressure.
- Ability to prioritize and handle several tasks simultaneously.
- Good communications skills, verbal and written.
- Leadership ability with an emphasis on teamwork.
- Occasional overtime may be required.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without Employer Sponsorship
If interested, please apply here.