The Sr. Investment Analyst independently leads key aspects of deal transactions, including, but not limited to, build out and analysis of financial models; performs detailed assessments of investment opportunities; develops investment theses for deals; supports due diligence efforts for deals under consideration; serves as a liaison for internal support teams. Leads pipeline, deal and portfolio reviews; schedules review meetings at appropriate cadence; develops materials in support of internal deal flow/review sessions and external facing meetings. Works with Fresenius Medical Care Ventures (FMCV) leadership and other team members to help portfolio companies with their business strategy and exit events; works with portfolio companies to build out quarterly and annual reporting packages; provides ongoing monitoring of key portfolio company performance and metrics.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Support optimization of portfolio performance:
- Track portfolio company millstones, upcoming financings and impact of capitol allocation and reserve budget.
- Assess and assist in analysis for follow-up financings.
Support valuations and exit forecasting:
- Keep cap tables and waterfall analysis.
- Model expected returns and M & A comparables.
- Assist with updating regular investment committee diligence and reporting packages- portfolio, pipeline, and project updates, updating company one pagers etc.
- Support directors/head of FMC Ventures and observers for board meetings.
- Research and synthesize venture capital and relevant sector industry trends for FMC Ventures internal presentation.
- Support operating groups seeking venture resources.
- Stay current on industry trends, company financings, and emerging technologies.
- Conduct market research.
- Provide competitive landscape research.
- Extensive modeling of forecast scenarios.
- Understand basic deal structure, term sheets and deal documentation.
- Work with CEO’s to schedule introductory meeting and calls.
- Participate in introductory company meetings and calls.
- Manage process for pro-active deal sourcing and internal evaluation thereof.
- Facilitate internal feedback from key stakeholders regarding FMC fit and investment appeal.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Travel up to 50%, may require international travel
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Advanced Degree desirable,
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 5 – 8+ years’ related experience; Master’s degree with 3 years of experience, PhD without experience, or
- Health care experience preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in investment banking, venture capital, corporate development or similar experience.
- Experience in financial modeling of financial forecasts, return analyses, capitalization tables, and liquidation waterfalls.
- Must be fluent with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of the venture process and investment structuring.
- Must have the ability to work independently and work well with others.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
If interested, please apply here.