Forest City Realty Trust, Inc. is a NYSE-listed national real estate company engaged in commercial and residential real estate throughout the United States. Forest City Associates are committed to creating superior communities where people LIVE, WORK, SHOP and STAY!
We are searching for a talented Sr Investment Analyst to be based out of our corporate offices in Cleveland, Ohio.
The Senior Investment Analyst assists the Director of Investment Analysis in supporting the analysis needs of the Development organization. He/she is actively involved with field developers to interact, underwrite, and analyze potential developments and acquisitions. The Senior Analyst assists in the preparation of materials and analyses for partners, Investment Committee and other internal and external customers including assisting Development Reporting and Cost Control team as needed. The Senior Analyst is expected to be prepared to learn and perform in a fast-paced environment as this is a highly visible position and will be collaborating with both internal and external stakeholders as well as senior leaders.
- Responsible for financial modeling of joint ventures and acquisitions. Generally, this is an individual effort but Development Analysis team members and others may be enlisted to provide information in order to compile and formulate modeling/analysis. Projects of this nature are highly sensitive and a great effort of discretion and confidentiality must be exercised.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining pro-formas (Investment Packages). The information is gathered and compiled internally from developers, VP tax credits, residential and commercial management team, marketing, real estate tax group, construction, legal and capital corp. Outside sources for information include cities/municipalities/states/federal programs, consultants, outside counsel, brokers, among others.
- Perform variance analysis to communicate and explain changes from benchmark and prior investment packages.
- Work with Director of Investment Analysis and Managers of Investment Analysis to perform portfolio-level analysis.
- Support Development project team in preparing materials for Investment Committee.
- Manages staff; answers inquiries and questions; trains and coaches for success. Provides feedback to associates through both formal and informal performance discussions.
- Provide partner reporting and analysis as needed.
- Support the Development Reporting and Project reporting teams as needed.
- This position requires an Undergraduate Degree in Finance.
- An Additional degree that is preferred for this position include: Master Degree in Finance.
- 1-2 years of required experience in Real Estate Development & Deal Structuring.
- 5-7 years of required experience in Financial Modeling/Underwriting.
- In the absense of Real Estate experience as outlined above, 7-8 years of demonstrated mastery working with IRR, discounted cash flows, tiered waterfalls, partnership structures is a must.
- Preferred certification for the position include: CPA.
- Required skills for the position include: financial modeling, quantitative analysis, accuracy, Excel, collaborative, personal accountability, problem solving, and collecting information.
- This position requires up to 10% travel.
If interested, please apply here.